Pacific Rim - GateFans Member Review (Joelist)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am watching this movie right now. It's STILL awesome. Great rewatch potential, and I have already seen it about a dozen times already. I was disappointed seeing the trailer for the new Uprising movie, but even if it falters a bit, we still have Pacific Rim 1. It's the same with Independence Day. I loved the first movie and still rewatch it occasionally. But the second one is just not my cuppa.

gallery-1468511756-pacific-rim-jaegars-and-cast (1).jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Oh yes, this occupies a place of honor in my collection.

Note how the Kaiju and Jaeger's both look massive and move like massively sized entities. It gives the fights a more epic feel.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Note how the Kaiju and Jaeger's both look massive and move like massively sized entities. It gives the fights a more epic feel.
I'm hopeful for the next movie. The effects seem up to par, but that soundtrack...I really REALLY hope that is not the flavor of the overall music for the movie. I really loathe the street sound of rap and hard beats like I heard in the trailer. At least in a movie. I'm sure the Millennials will be okay with it, but to me it's like if they had used the Beatles or 60's style music in the kaiju films of the 1960s. Or using Disco in the 1980 kaiju movies. It dates the movie unnecessarily, and seems like a pitch to an audience rather than an artistic element of the film.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This movie is so good! I can rewatch it over and over and it's still great. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG! I never watched this movie all the way into the credits, and what do I find out? Hannibal Chau SURVIVED! We saw him get eaten by the Kaiju near the end, but way into the credits almost to the last part with the scrolling text credits, we get a scene with him cutting his way out of the dead kaiju, and he says "Where is my other shoe?" LMAO! This means the baby kaiju came out, was killed, and Hannibal survived. :) He's a good character, and I hope we see him again.

Capture.png