Once Upon A Time

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, I am done with Season 6 and for me that was a proper and complete ending of the events from Season 1-6. They wrapped up all the strings and ended all of the mysteries, Why is there now a Season 7 and a new Henry? I have not seen anything from Season 7, but the main characters are gone aren't they? Only Regina, Hook and Rumple remain from what I read.

Anybody else here watching Season 7?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I am. They found a good way to flip us to a new curse! :daniel_new_anime021:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am. They found a good way to flip us to a new curse! :daniel_new_anime021:

I am trying to find a way to watch it commercial free. :). I am ready for a reboot. What a fun crazy funny series!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, Hulu was the solution. But I will probably just keep it long enough to binge Once Upon A Time Season 7. I do like it, but I think this Victoria woman is not really a great evil one. I swear, they lifted the opening scenes from episode 1 from The Devil Wears Prada and Miranda Priestly. It's like the character is a cross between Miranda and Alexis from Dynasty. It still works for the show. I do like that this takes place in an artsy district in the city and not in some small town. Oh, and Lana Parilla is HOTT in this show! She dresses completely different than in the first 6 seasons.

Druscilla (sp?) is weak. Her mother is overdone, but the story seems to be playing out interestingly enough. I do like the new Henry, and I think they need to define Hook and Rumple. I am at episode 7 and Regina is now awake, but nobody else is. The pace is much slower. Great season overall!

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This Jacinda/Cinderella thing is not working for me. :( Why is Henry even interested in her and why did they pick that particular actress to play Cinderella? Tiana is a good addition, but I really wanted Victoria Belfry to be the evil villain and not Druscilla. Rumple is now awake and he knows Victoria is Rapunzel. And Regina is now awake.

So far, the season is not as magical as those in the past 6 seasons, and they seem to be relying heavily on flashbacks to make things interesting. It works, mostly. Henry and Jacinda/Cinderella have no chemistry whatsoever. But Regina as Roni is fresh and still great, and Lana Parilla is working the hell out of this. I am not missing Snow and David and Emma and Granny and the Elves or Blue nearly as much as I thought I would. Zelena would have been great in this season.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
This Jacinda/Cinderella thing is not working for me. :( Why is Henry even interested in her and why did they pick that particular actress to play Cinderella? Tiana is a good addition, but I really wanted Victoria Belfry to be the evil villain and not Druscilla. Rumple is now awake and he knows Victoria is Rapunzel. And Regina is now awake.

So far, the season is not as magical as those in the past 6 seasons, and they seem to be relying heavily on flashbacks to make things interesting. It works, mostly. Henry and Jacinda/Cinderella have no chemistry whatsoever. But Regina as Roni is fresh and still great, and Lana Parilla is working the hell out of this. I am not missing Snow and David and Emma and Granny and the Elves or Blue nearly as much as I thought I would. Zelena would have been great in this season.

oh yes! I agree.. Zelena would have been a great addition! I love Gabrielle Anwar as Victoria...she is amazing! Yep love Regina too. by the end of season 6 she was my favorite OUAT character. I find this Hook more interesting than the original "Captain Guyliner" (as Regina called him!) and the older Henry works too. Not too crazy abt Jacinda either. :confused0076::confused0076:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
oh yes! I agree.. Zelena would have been a great addition! I love Gabrielle Anwar as Victoria...she is amazing! Yep love Regina too. by the end of season 6 she was my favorite OUAT character. I find this Hook more interesting than the original "Captain Guyliner" (as Regina called him!) and the older Henry works too. Not too crazy abt Jacinda either. :confused0076::confused0076:

Zelena is back! And yeah this new Hook is cooler than the last Hook and Rumple is also better. The story feels updated and new. Strange to see Rumple driving a new Barracuda and not his Caddy! Regina is my favorite OUAT character by far. Her story is the most noble, and she has the best one liners and is the funniest. But Rumple is a solid #2!

I would rather have had Victoria as the evil antagonist instead of snippy Drizella. I love the way they used this first half of the season to set up how Hyperion Heights came to be and the new curse was cast by Drizella and the 8 witches and knowing that Henry will die of the poison if the curse is broken. I think Anastasia will get her magic back and fix everything. I am so glad Zelena is back! And the now 25-year old Robin makes total sense because of the spell that accelerated her growth in the beginning.

Last edited:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Zelena is back! And yeah this new Hook is cooler than the last Hook and Rumple is also better. The story feels updated and new. Strange to see Rumple driving a new Barracuda and not his Caddy! Regina is my favorite OUAT character by far. Her story is the most noble, and she has the best one liners and is the funniest. But Rumple is a solid #2!

I would rather have had Victoria as the evil antagonist instead of snippy Drizella. I love the way they used this first half of the season to set up how Hyperion Heights came to be and the new curse was cast by Drizella and the 8 witches and knowing that Henry will die of the poison if the curse is broken. I think Anastasia will get her magic back and fix everything. I am so glad Zelena is back! And the now 25-year old Robin makes total sense because of the spell that accelerated her growth in the beginning.

I suspect that you have found out that the original Robin is not walking with the birds and the bees.

Some of these references such as the 'guyliner guy' come straight from the LOST tv series.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I suspect that you have found out that the original Robin is not walking with the birds and the bees.

Some of these references such as the 'guyliner guy' come straight from the LOST tv series.

I lost Lost early on. :) I did not like the stretched out "what's going on?" style of it. Do you mean Robin the guy or Robin the daughter of Zelena and Robin?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I thought the original Robin, as in Marian, and love interest of Regina, had expired.

Yep, that's why I asked...did I miss something about Robin the daughter? I know she isn't exactly normal. :)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Yep, that's why I asked...did I miss something about Robin the daughter? I know she isn't exactly normal. :)

I have only seen bits of season 6 and virtually nothing of season 7.

My local photo journalist does a pretty good job of announcing who is coming and going from Once, thus I assumed you would see a little of Belle and more of Zelena.

Belle was a major character on LOST, Lana Parilla not so much. Zelena had about 12 shows under her belt.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have only seen bits of season 6 and virtually nothing of season 7.

My local photo journalist does a pretty good job of announcing who is coming and going from Once, thus I assumed you would see a little of Belle and more of Zelena.

Belle was a major character on LOST, Lana Parilla not so much. Zelena had about 12 shows under her belt.

Season 7 is a soft reboot...more like a reset. We see Emma and Belle again in an episode, then we see Zelena and Robin and younger Henry. Regulars from the first series are Lana Parilla, Robert Carlyle and Captain Hook. Henry is a regular but he is now played by another (better) actor and is older and has Cinderella as his wife and a daughter who is basically doing Henry's old role as believer of fairy tales. Only a few of the characters are awake.