Once Upon A Time

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
YVW...i'm too lazy to make charts. but it's looking good isn't it. :D

Yep, looks like the show has found its comfort zone around 9-10 million viewers. So I'm pretty confident that there'll be a second season. In fact, I'd honestly be chocked if it doesn't get renewed.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
With the state of ABC's shows it will be coming back, 100% guaranteed. It's the highest rated debut of any new show this season I believe (bar New Girl).

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I agree gentlemen...another season for OUAT! :)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
It deserves another season - I had my reservations going in but I'm hooked now. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
told ya SS! :D I am really enjoying the show, more than i expected to. It is well written and they manage the segues between storybrooke and fairytaleland very well.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Tony Amendola (aka Master Bra'tac from SG-1) returns tonight. :joy:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
wow! what an episode that was! :D:D

poundpuppy29

Scifi & Fantasy Junkie
I love this show I watched a little of season 1 but have seen every one of season 2

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I got season 1 for my birthday (i have the world's sweetest hubby i swear!) and never ever miss an episode of season 2! Last sunday's ep 11/25 was amazing- great ep and man is hook dastardly! :) It's my tv obsession these days! OUAT and castle are about the only regular tv I watch- otherwise it's all documentaries, history channel, biography channel, etc...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Five years after the start of this thread, I am watching this show on Netflix. :) GREAT SHOW! The premise is unique, and the story and the characters are written well. The show is still going after 7 seasons! That is some serious longevity. The ONLY reason I even gave it a go was because Netflix thought I might like it. It had been accurate before, and it was right again with this show. I particularly like Henry the kid, Emma and Regina who is an exquisite evil Queen.

I know, I am WAY late on this show, but I am binging right now and I am on Season 2.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Season 2....meh. They have turned it into Xena in Wonderland with fairies. Not sure if I can watch 5 more seasons on this binge.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Season 2....meh. They have turned it into Xena in Wonderland with fairies. Not sure if I can watch 5 more seasons on this binge.

Woo - hoaa! Season 2 are u. The writers screwed the poach on this one at the beginning of Season 2 when they brought back everyone's memory instead of doing a slow reveal.

You had to be a fan of LOST to get some of the references. Some of the badness from the Evil Queen still keeps the show going, even though one or two of the actors become painful to watch.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wait...so Sonequa Martin-Green is in this show? I had no idea. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I thought you were joking so I had to look. Tamara it is I see.

All of the ABC shows are disappearing off NetFlix, so be careful. LOST goes this month.

The bitch is about to blow up Storybrooke with a crystal. I am still in Season 2 (Ep 22).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This show is AWESOME! So much fun to watch. :) I really wish I had gotten in on this discussion when this thread was started way back in 2012. But I am now in Season 3 (of 6 seasons), and the show is still going strong. The writers on this do a SUPERB job of threading new elements into the show and eliminating elements (and then suddenly bringing them back in a surprise twist). It's AWESOME! I can see why it got a Season 7 and is still in production.

It's very hard to "jump in" to this show without watching it from the beginning. The show is serialized, and everything is connected. The characters are all closely intertwined and many are related to each other (knowingly and unknowingly).

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
This show is AWESOME! So much fun to watch. :) I really wish I had gotten in on this discussion when this thread was started way back in 2012. But I am now in Season 3 (of 6 seasons), and the show is still going strong. The writers on this do a SUPERB job of threading new elements into the show and eliminating elements (and then suddenly bringing them back in a surprise twist). It's AWESOME! I can see why it got a Season 7 and is still in production.

It's very hard to "jump in" to this show without watching it from the beginning. The show is serialized, and everything is connected. The characters are all closely intertwined and many are related to each other (knowingly and unknowingly).

Careful, instead of living in the Land of the Giants on MeTV; you have entered the Land of the Shippers on ABC.
Season 3, Epi ??? You were born to be disappointed, so take care.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Careful, instead of living in the Land of the Giants on MeTV; you have entered the Land of the Shippers on ABC.
Season 3, Epi ??? You were born to be disappointed, so take care.

That is very cryptic! :( In this show, they can kill off characters and revive them with magic, so that can't be it...they could rewind it and make everything not happen, but probably won't go there (will they?).

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
That is very cryptic! :( In this show, they can kill off characters and revive them with magic, so that can't be it...they could rewind it and make everything not happen, but probably won't go there (will they?).

It is a good thing you didn't follow "LOST" and "Once Upon A Time" from the beginning. Some people would want a pair of characters to do what - pair off? When it didn't happen one crowd would be arguing with the other about the decisions that the characters had made suggesting that everything they did was total crappacoli.

God forbid that their favourite character died or 'moved-on', because open warfare would break-out. I can't remember where the term "shipping" or pairing off came from.

And the Epi count is at what?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It is a good thing you didn't follow "LOST" and "Once Upon A Time" from the beginning. Some people would want a pair of characters to do what - pair off? When it didn't happen one crowd would be arguing with the other about the decisions that the characters had made suggesting that everything they did was total crappacoli.

God forbid that their favourite character died or 'moved-on', because open warfare would break-out. I can't remember where the term "shipping" or pairing off came from.

And the Epi count is at what?

Okay, now I am in Season 4, episode 5. We are still in the Elsa/Snow Queen story. It's a shame we still have to have Snow White in the series as a main character because of Emma. David is a great character, but Snow has just become a blob hovering over a baby in this season.