Once Upon A Time

G

Graybrew1

I like this show too, its a bit annoying though when they forcefully have the kid be in every scene/situation and the queen is just too petty, was hoping for something more sinister. I really do like how they interweave the fairy tale elements with the current situation.

Yes, the kid is annoying at times.
I like the queen. I think the queen should not be ugly. She did get a King to marry her at one time. ;)

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Ahh, I don't like how the show is devolving into lovetriangles and other soapy crap (Snow White and the other chick and the dude). Hope they get back to how it was before.

G

Graybrew1

I am pretty sure it should. But you have to admit, that is not a "real" triangle. She is a plant to there by the Mayor/Queen to keep those two apart.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Tonight's episode was OK. It had a red-eyed wolf in it and gave a new twist to Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box song. :P

I realized afterwards that I had missed the 12/4 episode - but I caught it later. That was the one with King Midas and an explanation for prince Charming's wife in the real world.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I love this show!!!!

Okay LOVED the most recent episode!!! It was great!!!

we finally know who the sherrif was- the Huntsman...and a nice guy! he died though! :(

and then

we finally saw the connection of fantasy/reality- the mayor pushed aside her father's tomb and entered her secret vault...she took out the huntsman's heart and crushed it! great scene.
I am so eager for more of this series! well written and very well done! :D:D

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Once Upon A Time ratings

'Pilot' - 12,930
'The Thing You Love Most' - 11,740
'Snow Falls' - 11,450
'The Price of Gold' - 11,360
'That Still Small Voice' - 10,690
'The Shepherd' - 9,660
'The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter' - 8,910

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I have to second Rac80 on last Sunday's tension filled show "The heart is a lonely hunter". It has to be the best so far. Was it David Barrett's directing or was it the usual writing team's effort that pulled it off-ignoring that Mary-Margaret scene of hers that was totally unnecessary. After all it is a Disney show based on their interpretation of what cartoon characters do.

The dye has been caste and it looks like a long month of waiting to see if the audience will stick around and invest at least an hour a week in this show of theirs.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Once Upon A Time ratings

'Pilot' - 12,930
'The Thing You Love Most' - 11,740
'Snow Falls' - 11,450
'The Price of Gold' - 11,360
'That Still Small Voice' - 10,690
'The Shepherd' - 9,660
'The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter' - 8,910

The numbers are dropping steadily...

I managed to catch the marathon they ran the other day so I'm fairly up to speed on this one. I have to say that I'm impressed with the SFX, the size of the cast and the way they use the budget. There's some very good casting (the evil queen) and some bad casting (the main chick, the sheriff, a few others). The direction is good and they really have spent the money well on filming the scenes. Quite the production.

The one thing I will admit to is that Robert Carlyle does a fantastic job in his role. In fact he's so good that the character of Dr. Rush looks ridiculously one-dimensional in comparison.

At any rate, the way the ratings are dropping steadily one has to wonder how long the show will last. Plus if they draw the main idea out endlessly it will just get tiresome. There needs to be an end point. The "bad guy" needs to be defeated.

G

Graybrew1

Tonght's ep is very heavy with Rumplestilkin back story. This actor is very complex indeed. :cool:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Tonght's ep is very heavy with Rumplestilkin back story. This actor is very complex indeed. :cool:

I think Robert Carlyle does a pretty good job in this role. I like him much much better on this show than on SGU. There's more complexity and range with the "Rump" character.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

It was a very good episode. Robert Carlyle was excellent in it (which makes me wonder WHY in heck he took the job on sgu!?!?) and it advanced the storylines wonderfully.

Also the ratings were up:

10.35 million getting a 3.7/8

from the site:
Good news for Once Upon A Time fans, its ratings decline was stopped with its 2012 return. It never dropped out of the likely to be renewed category during the Fall, but the nagging question remained as to when the ratings would stop falling. Held breaths can be let out

this has become my new favorite show, I find I am watching each episode two or three times to find all of the hints and nuances. :)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Nice to finally see an uptick from this show. The ratings weren't bad at all but I was getting a little bit worried since it was on a steady downward slope before christmas. But with the nice bump in the ratings, I don't have anything to worry about for now.

And here's a graph because they make everything better.

Skärmavbild 2012-01-11 kl. 17.11.43.png

G

Graybrew1

Might I suggest that we make this a "guess the ratings" show? Now that Sanctuary is not on again?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Might I suggest that we make this a "guess the ratings" show? Now that Sanctuary is not on again?

Oh yeah I will gladly play that game. :D

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I preferred last week's ode to Rumpelstiltskin over this week's tribute to Hansel and Gretel.

They did leave a nice little mystery for next week though. :)

B

Backstep

Forgot all about this show, was watching Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Another show with lots of smoke and mirrors I see.

For those who saw the show Gretel might look familiar to some of the Fringe people as she played Subject 13, or I should say 'young Olivia Dunham' who was experimented on by Walter.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I preferred last week's ode to Rumpelstiltskin over this week's tribute to Hansel and Gretel.

They did leave a nice little mystery for next week though. :)

I liked this week's ep...especially the mystery ending (the "guy in black" was a love interest on the first few eps of "Covert affairs". ) next week's ep looks great as well.

I liked the take on hansel and gretel though...the evil queen had sent the children in that the blind witch ate...EEEEVVVVVVIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
This show leaves me wanting more in a good way. :) carlyle can be very charming as well. mr gold is a bad guy...but can be a charmer. :)