Once Upon A Time

G

Graybrew1

I found it enjoyable for what it is. Fantasy. It is ten times better than Merlin on Syfy, but that does not take much. I like Robert Carlisle. He did creepy well. :D

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I found it enjoyable for what it is. Fantasy. It is ten times better than Merlin on Syfy, but that does not take much. I like Robert Carlisle. He did creepy well. :D

Agreed. I don't think may people went into this expecting it to be a grade A drama worthy of being on HBO, it's just a fun and entertaining fantasy/fairytale series, nothing more, nothing less. I'll probably keep watching it since I found it to be pretty watchable.
Yep, Carlyle did a good job. Personally, I found Rumplestilskin to be the most interesting characters of the one's we've seen so far. Also, am I the only one who thought that Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White) and Jennifer Morrison look a lot alike?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Seems like the series premiere of this show did pretty well. 12,9 million viewers and a 4.0 rating in the 18-49 demo. If I remember correctly, that's ABC's best series premiere since V in 2009 (though I could be wrong). I guess we'll just have to see if the ratings will hold steady or sink like a rock...
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/10/25/sunday-final-ratings-once-upon-a-time-adjusted-up-final-ratings-for-world-series-game-4-saintscolts/108354/

Oh and this thread should be moved to sci fi/fantasy series folder instead of being in the one for movies.

I watched it last night and found it to be entertaining and watchable. It's nice there are so many roles out there for guys who dislike bathing - Carlyle will keep working obviously. I like fantasy and was worried this would be a re-hash of the Charmings, but it's not. I liked both the little boy Henry and Emma Swan - the evil witch is great as well. It looks to be more interesting than some out there (terra nova :P) and will keep me awake when I am trying to watch it. Loved snow white with the long hair, but her ears are too big for the super short cut they had the "teacher" wear. :P

G

Graybrew1

This show is pretty interesting so far. No shipping being shoved down my throat yet. ;)

I love the job that Robert Carlisle is doing. :icon_cool:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This show is pretty interesting so far. No shipping being shoved down my throat yet. ;)

I love the job that Robert Carlisle is doing. :icon_cool:

You're a girly girl...is this a chick show? :). I like Carlyle too. SGU was not to be his vehicle.

G

Graybrew1

You're a girly girl...is this a chick show? :). I like Carlyle too. SGU was not to be his vehicle.

This is darkish fantasy show. Carlisle is Rumplestilskin. Only two shows in. I have not scene any gratitous shipping as of yet. I would like to see what others think as well. This is not Scifi, but better than Merlin IMO.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
This is darkish fantasy show. Carlisle is Rumplestilskin. Only two shows in. I have not scene any gratitous shipping as of yet. I would like to see what others think as well. This is not Scifi, but better than Merlin IMO.

Well I'm hooked. I like how the show switches between the fantasy world and our world. It is very well done, not jarring at all. the characters are interesting.
Loved the fact the former magic mirror runs a newspaper called...you guessed it- The Mirror :icon_lol:
The evil queen has dimensions not guessed at.
Still wondering WHO snow white killed that the queen loved? or how that all works out.
the kid, Henry, is just plain adorable without being one of those tv kids who need a slapping! :P Emma is likable and tough without being a pseudo-male as so many tough female characters are portrayed on tv. Rumplestilskin/Gold is undeniably well played by Carlyle.(<<<correct spelling, I checked! :) ) just enough sinister and manipulative without Gold being cartoonish. I really enjoy seeing the differences between the storybook characters and the Storybrooke characters. Everything in fantasy land is much BIGGER even the personalities. It's a well done show.:)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Ooops on the spelling. I just assumed it. My bad. :facepalm:

NP, I noticed everyone had their own version of how his name is spelled and decided to find the right one. :) this way the thread will be consistant! :D

G

Graybrew1

NP, I noticed everyone had their own version of how his name is spelled and decided to find the right one. :) this way the thread will be consistant! :D

Yes, it is ironic and funny that he is now playing the character Rumplestilskin(sp?). :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
This show sorta sounds interesting. :)

It's very interesting. all three of us (me hubby & snookie) have gotten hooked on it after 2 eps! I find it very well done. I am not a huge fantasy fan but this show does the fantasy vs reality just perfect. So far there has not been any jarring notes and the backstory of people is slowly being fed to you....after you care about the characters...unlike another show which shall remain nameless! :P it's hard to beleive it's only had two eps. They cram a lot into the eps moving the storyline forward WITHOUT the eps feeling rushed. Excellent writers and excellent direction. the acting is good too...the actors "over act" in the fantasy parts (which fits) and are very low-key during "reality" which also fits. :) yes I'm a squee for this show! :smiley_squee:

B

Backstep

It's very interesting. all three of us (me hubby & snookie) have gotten hooked on it after 2 eps! I find it very well done. I am not a huge fantasy fan but this show does the fantasy vs reality just perfect. So far there has not been any jarring notes and the backstory of people is slowly being fed to you....after you care about the characters...unlike another show which shall remain nameless! :P it's hard to beleive it's only had two eps. They cram a lot into the eps moving the storyline forward WITHOUT the eps feeling rushed. Excellent writers and excellent direction. the acting is good too...the actors "over act" in the fantasy parts (which fits) and are very low-key during "reality" which also fits. :) yes I'm a squee for this show! :smiley_squee:

So this show is not Disneyland: CSI ?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
So this show is not Disneyland: CSI ?

heck no. (NOT a CSI fan :P) it''s a veryw ell done show. if you haven't seen it give it a chance. :)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I should probably mention that OUAT has been adjusted up slightly in the ratings. 11,45 million viewers, 3.8 demo rating. If the show keeps going this strongly, I predict a second season in its future. :icon_e_smile: