Once Upon A Time

Discussion in 'Once Upon A Time' started by EvilSpaceAlien, May 18, 2011.

1. EvilSpaceAlien

EvilSpaceAlien Sinister Swede

ONCE UPON A TIME — "From the inventive minds of Lost executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis comes a bold new imagining of the world, where fairy tales and the modern-day are about to collide. And they all lived happily ever after - or so everyone was led to believe. Emma Swan knows how to take care of herself. She's a 28-year-old bail bonds collector who's been on her own ever since she was abandoned as a baby. But when the son she gave up years ago finds her, everything starts to change. Henry is now 10 years old and in desperate need of Emma's help. He believes that Emma actually comes from an alternate world and is Snow White and Prince Charming's missing daughter. According to his book of fairytales, they sent her away to protect her from the Evil Queen's curse, which trapped the fairytale world forever, frozen in time, and brought them into our modern world. Of course Emma doesn't believe a word, but when she brings Henry back to Storybrooke, she finds herself drawn to this unusual boy and his strange New England town. Concerned for Henry, she decides to stay for a while, but she soon suspects that Storybrooke is more than it seems. It's a place where magic has been forgotten, but is still powerfully close... where fairytale characters are alive, even though they don't remember who they once were. The epic battle for the future of all worlds is beginning, but for good to win, Emma will have to accept her destiny and fight like hell. Once Upon a Time stars Ginnifer Goodwin (Big Love) as Snow White/Sister Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison (House) as Emma Swan, Robert Carlyle (The Full Monty, Trainspotting, SGU Stargate Universe) as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham, Jared Gilmore (Mad Men) as Henry, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/John Doe and Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket/Archie. Once Upon a Time was written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, who are also executive producers, along with Steve Pearlman (ABC's V). The pilot is directed and executive-produced by Mark Mylod (Entourage). Once Upon a Time is from ABC Studios."

http://blastr.com/2011/05/abc-unveils-fall-promises.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCDDwx1Njn0

2. Joelist

Joelist I'm showing this for a reason! Staff Member

Oh, boy.....

3. EvilSpaceAlien

We've seen ABC's New Fairytale Show Once Upon A Time
    http://io9.com/5805156/weve-seen-abcs-new-fairytale-show-once-upon-a-time

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rac80

Rac80 The Belle of the Ball

This sounds like a bit of a rip-off on an old sitcom called the Charmings that was on ABC in 1987-1988!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Charmings

5. yongjin02

yongjin02 Well Known GateFan

i give it half a season:eek:

6. Graybrew1

Graybrew1 Guest

They might give it longer because of the Losters involved. :icon_e_wink:

7. yongjin02

possibly--but that just may give more credence to my theory of "over-hyping" new shows/movies before they premiere (I would like to find some pre-premiere commercials for LOST- I dont quite remember if there was hype or not). Over expectations not only cause high viewing in the 1st couple of eps but also lead to dramatic loss of viewer-ship if the show doesn't live up to the hype-even if it is good, just not as good as hyped.

8. Graybrew1

Graybrew1 Guest

I remember very little hype about Lost. I decided to watch it and expected the normal average show and was getting enthralled for the whole hour. So, I can see your point, I guess we should not believe the hype and keep expectations in check and then maybe another show, who knows could be this one, will give us much more again someday. :biggrin:

9. yongjin02

yup-perhaps we could call it "SGU syndrome"? :icon_e_wink:

hey who gave me more "green"? thanks

10. Graybrew1

Graybrew1 Guest

LOL

Oh, no we created a monster. If you look at your settings it should tell you who gave you the green. And possibly they might have left a message.

11. Backstep

Backstep Guest

It's not my cup of tea. Not to sure about the NBC show Grimm this fall either, sounds like it's a ripoff of Special Unit 2.

12. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

13. Joelist

Joelist I'm showing this for a reason! Staff Member

This may be the spinoff from Spaceballs starring Prince Valium...

14. shavedape

shavedape Well Known GateFan Staff Member

Busy day here so I'm only able to glance at topics but had to take a moment to pause and laugh. Too funny. Is this the official GateFans review? Let's put it on the front page. :icon_lol:

15. EvilSpaceAlien

ABC has just released the pilot of Once Upon A Time on IMDb. I'm about to check it out now to see if it's any good or at least moderately entertaining. Here's the link if anyone else is interested.
    http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3101793817/

16. EvilSpaceAlien

Okay I just watched it and.... I dunno, the whole thing seemed pretty bland if you ask me. Might stick with it for a while to see what happens since I'm close to giving up on Terra Nova. The highlight of the episode (IMO) was Carlyle's portrayal of Rumplestilskin. He was a great pick for playing that cackling maniac. Also, I noticed that Tony Amendola (Bra'tac) was in it, which was kinda nice to see.

17. Graybrew1

Graybrew1 Guest

I was hoping for something interesting out of this show.:(

18. shavedape

shavedape Well Known GateFan Staff Member

I'm not sure what it is but I just don't feel compelled to watch this show. I get the impression that it might be an interesting premiere episode but I doubt I will go out of my way to tune in every week. As it is I have a hard time tuning into Terra Nova so a fairy tale ain't gonna fair much better with me.

19. EvilSpaceAlien

Didn't much care for it, huh?

I get that. To be honest I don't care much for the concept either, but if the show ends up staying watchable (or maybe even getting better), I'll probably stick with it if I have nothing better to watch.
    You having issues with Terra Nova too, eh? Honestly, I've pretty much already given up on the thing.

20. EvilSpaceAlien

Seems like the series premiere of this show did pretty well. 12,9 million viewers and a 4.0 rating in the 18-49 demo. If I remember correctly, that's ABC's best series premiere since V in 2009 (though I could be wrong). I guess we'll just have to see if the ratings will hold steady or sink like a rock...
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/10/25/sunday-final-ratings-once-upon-a-time-adjusted-up-final-ratings-for-world-series-game-4-saintscolts/108354/

Oh and this thread should be moved to sci fi/fantasy series folder instead of being in the one for movies.