OMG! Reboot, Rebooted

Discussion in 'Entertainment News & Gossip' started by heisenberg, Oct 5, 2013.

1. heisenberg

heisenberg Earl Grey Staff Member

Oh hell yes!!! Here is a remake I fully support. This is because, it never got a proper ending. Now we can get one. Hopefully the writing is much better this time around as well.

http://io9.com/sweet-90s-nostalgia-reboot-is-being-rebooted-for-tv-1440747116

• Like Like x 1
  2. shavedape

shavedape Well Known GateFan Staff Member

OMG, I loved Reboot! :daniel_new_anime021::daniel_new_anime021::daniel_new_anime021:

I thought the animation was great for its time. Of course I'm hesitant when it comes to reboots, especially since the original animation was so good and things haven't changed that much in terms of aesthetics over the years so I don't know how they can improve on it.

3. Chevron Atlantis

Chevron Atlantis GateFans Member

I wonder who's going to replace Tony Jay? Honestly his voice was so unique and amazing and his voice perfectly fits the character.

• Like Like x 1
  4. heisenberg

Well, we won't know but rest assured it will be quite awesome. Rainmaker, the movie division of mainframe, are working on Ratchet & clank movie. Hilarious trailer. I just wished they had continued with this sort of stuff in the 90s, instead of those stupid barbie shows.

My money is on Michael Ironside. His voice would fit perfectly.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Tripler

Tripler Well Known GateFan

What an excellent show it was with Bob and Dot . I have the Dot doll actually cause , well , she's kinda hot lol :) :) :) ,,, Yes I watch the big bang theory !!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. shavedape

shavedape Well Known GateFan Staff Member

Ratchet and Clank movie? OMG, more good news, lol! :daniel_new_anime021:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chevron Atlantis

These are the promo videos for reboot back in the 90's and holy crap I am glad they changed it.

8. Illiterati

Illiterati Council Member & Author

I loved Tony Jay (if you're old enough, you may remember his voice in Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" as the proprietor of the "Asylum d'Loons"). That voice could purr on such a deliciously evil level. If you're older than that, you may remember him as "Paracelcus" in the Ron Perlman/Linda Hamilton "Beauty and the Beast" (funny that he did two of those, isn't it? LOL)

9. Gatefan1976

Gatefan1976 Well Known GateFan

hey!!

I don't know the first one, but the BatB series is on my shelf at least, the first 2 seasons :D

10. Illiterati

Illiterati Council Member & Author

Disney did a Beauty & the Best movie that wasn't too terribly bad. I believe that Belle was their first heroine who wasn't looking for a man. She was perfectly happy, just the way she was. Robby Benson (of all people) did the voice of the Beast. Jerry Orbach was "Lumiere" the candlestick, David Ogden Stiers was "Cogsworth" the clock, Angela Lansbury was "Mrs Potts", the teapot (of course). The bad guy was this evil lump of muscle called "Gaston".

11. heisenberg

Okay they slipped this image into the cover art of rainmaker. After making Rachet and Clank which was hilarious and great, they have turned reboot into a live action, power rangers style crap.It's LIVE ACTION...I don't know whether I should laugh at this or mock the shit out of it...

It has nothing to do with reboot other than some moron's interpretation of it.
    http://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/3/29/15105720/reboot-live-action-reboot

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. heisenberg

it goes much further. Guess they'll realize when it bombs. I hope that star trek doesn't bomb but I am not holding my breath either.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Chevron Atlantis

Looks Terrible!!! Anyway, I found this this game play it looks like mini web episodes but it's from a game.

• Like Like x 1