Oceans 8 Trailer.

heisenberg

Earl Grey

This is so bad. This looks like ghostbusters again.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
You know all of these rehash and reboots are going to discourage people to watch movies in the future. Unless, if you are crazy.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

This is so bad. This looks like ghostbusters again.

I got a notification from IMDb for this trailer and intentionally ignored it. Ocean's Eleven was alright, but after that it became stale. And when I saw only women on the picture I was like "god, do they have to, really?". From watching the trailer here now, I strongly get the impression that my first instincts were correct. I'll be skipping this one, unless I'm really really bored and for some inexplicable reason I can't think of anything else to do. Or if it's on the screen and I'm too fucking lazy to get off my ass and switch it.

Maybe it's because I'm stone sober at the moment but I can't find anything remotely funny to say about this movie. I will mention how incredibly stupid the premise of stealing gems for financial gain is. Once removed from their setting and cut down the value drops precipitously. And as this preview shows they are trying to steal a famous $100 million necklace but what they don't explain is that in reality the value of that necklace lies in its fame. Once they chopped the necklace down and sold off the smaller diamonds they would only get a fraction of that original price tag. Split that between 8 people (or more) and it would be a wasted effort.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
WTF? Why would anyone want to go see this movie? Why would they make this movie and for whom? What's next, Mr. Doubtfire, Jamie Bond or a female Hulk? It isn't sexist to have characters and scenarios where there are just men or just women. As a man, I do not feel any desire to see a new Wizard of Oz starring some guy named Mike who gets taken up in a tornado and kills the Wicked Warlock of the West. I don't need to see a Legally Blonde Male movie or an all guy version of 9 to 5. Why are they doing all this shit? Makes me think that perhaps women might be the largest theater-going audience?

WTF? Why would anyone want to go see this movie? Why would they make this movie and for whom? What's next, Mr. Doubtfire, Jamie Bond or a female Hulk? It isn't sexist to have characters and scenarios where there are just men or just women. As a man, I do not feel any desire to see a new Wizard of Oz starring some guy named Mike who gets taken up in a tornado and kills the Wicked Warlock of the West. I don't need to see a Legally Blonde Male movie or an all guy version of 9 to 5. Why are they doing all this shit? Makes me think that perhaps women might be the largest theater-going audience?

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they do a female version of Animal House. Can you imagine how horrible that will be? :rolleye0014::icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they do a female version of Animal House. Can you imagine how horrible that will be? :rolleye0014::icon_lol:

Horrors! But probably not as awful as an all female version of Lord of the Flies. :shame: :anim_59:

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Next will be the female version of the Expendables, I mean we already have a Bollywood remake so why not bring in a female version?

Btw I don't know why Tennis players are appearing in these films. I guess they must have done it to pay the bills. Serena Williams and Sharapova are appearing in this movie and that annoying dumb bitch Kim Kardashian

Dakota Fanning will appear in an undisclosed role.[2] Matt Damon and Carl Reiner reprise their roles as Linus Caldwell and Saul Bloom from the Ocean's Trilogy in cameo appearances.[3] Anna Wintour, Alexander Wang, Kim Kardashian, Maria Sharapova, Derek Blasberg, Lauren Santo Domingo, Zayn Malik, Kendall Jenner, Katie Holmes, Olivia Munn, Adriana Lima,[4] Hailey Baldwin, Serena Williams, Kylie Jenner and Zac Posen will make cameo appearances in the film.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Next will be the female version of the Expendables, I mean we already have a Bollywood remake so why not bring in a female version?

Btw I don't know why Tennis players are appearing in these films. I guess they must have done it to pay the bills. Serena Williams and Sharapova are appearing in this movie and that annoying dumb bitch Kim Kardashian

Wait, so Anna Wintour and Kim Kardashian are going to be breathing the same air in this movie? Did they drug Anna or something? :icon_lol: This thing is just so wrong on so many levels. It was cool to do jewel heist movies in the excess years of the 1980s, but who in the hell is buying jewels like that today? Who would STEAL them? Who is still impressed by them, and all the stuff Pussy said about the lack of intrinsic value for them?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
BTW, I love Cate Blanchett and think she's rather beautiful but for the life of me I can't figure out what the hell she did to her face for this role. It's not her makeup but rather something else; Botox gone bad or something. It's a shame that she looks so jacked-up now. I hope she recovers from whatever atrocity happened to her face.

View attachment 33755

Looks like botox. Hence, the bangs and puffy look. Could be those "fillers" they talk about.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Next will be the female version of the Expendables, I mean we already have a Bollywood remake so why not bring in a female version

That would turn out to be a movie with Angelina Jolie.

How disgusting. This petition is by crackpots. Matt Damon did nothing to help Weinstein. The most he knew was a second-hand story from Ben Affleck originally told to him by Gwenyth Paltrow regarding Weinstein hitting on her years earlier. Damon didn't know anything and certainly didn't sanction any pervy behavior of Weinstein's.

That said, Matt Damon was in the original Ocean's Eleven films so I guess that makes him guilty of something, most likely bad taste. ;)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
How disgusting. This petition is by crackpots. Matt Damon did nothing to help Weinstein. The most he knew was a second-hand story from Ben Affleck originally told to him by Gwenyth Paltrow regarding Weinstein hitting on her years earlier. Damon didn't know anything and certainly didn't sanction any pervy behavior of Weinstein's.

That said, Matt Damon was in the original Ocean's Eleven films so I guess that makes him guilty of something, most likely bad taste. ;)
That is beyond pathetic. Unfortunately the internet doesn't just give normal people a voice but also the majority of retarded inbreds.
lol trolling. Classic troll but this is way more malicious trolling which can be destructive but this is what these people want. It seems that the internet has switched on a few people's prehistoric gene that has not died. You know, that stupid tribalism bullshit. "defending", "honouring", worshiping bullshit and then screaming like a maniac.This feminism bullshit just screams cult/religion like following which is no different than worshipping an ideology which can be very dangerous.

The way things are going, there going to come to a point where everything will be illegal or banned because it offends them.

haha TJ shares the same opinion as me about the internet and I am right. The wrong people have been given access to this great tool and they are re-writing the rules on the internet. Pretty sad.

Last edited: