NOAH--IMO the most bizzaro film of our time

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Back on topic.....this is one of the worst movies ever made. Let us consign it to the trash heap where it belongs...

Anybody know if this movie broke even financially?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Domestic gross 101 million overall 362 million. raw production cost 125 million typically you double that to account for marketing and such. So a small profit but also one of the largest week to week drops in boxoffice history from week one to week two. Converting it into full weeks it took in 77 million in week one then 11 million after word of mouth got out in week two - an 87.5% drop.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Domestic gross 101 million overall 362 million. raw production cost 125 million typically you double that to account for marketing and such. So a small profit but also one of the largest week to week drops in boxoffice history from week one to week two. Converting it into full weeks it took in 77 million in week one then 11 million after word of mouth got out in week two - an 87.5% drop.

So, no big loss for the company. But I will guarantee that the Big Three are no longer considering making similar films. :) I think they were going for a revival of the big Biblical epic era I saw as a child with Ben Hur, Cleopatra, The Ten Commandments, etc. I do not think the 21st century is fertile ground for this material. Other films have done far worse.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Ok . See . I dont remember that scene . The only scenes I remember are the big ugly rock stupid thingys and no-ugh drinkin his face off in the cave of shame or was it on the beach of shame ... See ... Movie is now a distant thank goodness fleeting memory .
And very thankful ...

PS ... I think I remember seeing some animals, a big boat , some big ropes , and excrement all over this movie ...

:) :) :)

the scene was in flashback/ Noah tells a story if how his grand pappy helped defend the fallen angels/rock ppl and the Earth itself from the bad men

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That's the cop-out I get when I have a conversation of this type with priests or pastors. They usually are good at holding their own in a debate but eventually succumb to the "I believe" and "faith" cop-outs because they simply have no explanation. It almost feels like a standard, scripted response given to customer service by upper management as a catch-all when they have no answer.

"thank you for your call sir...we value your opinions and your business, please take a few minutes after this call to answer a brief survey"