New "Star Wars" trilogy being planned

Discussion in 'Fantasy Movies' started by PussyGalore, Nov 10, 2017.

1. PussyGalore

PussyGalore Is he from Gabon?

Supposedly a new trilogy that will be completely separate from the current Skywalker line of Star Wars movies is in the making. It's being headed-up by Rian Johnson, the director of The Last Jedi. They haven't revealed exactly what the new trilogy will be about yet. Here's the link:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/brand-apos-star-wars-apos-220530350.html

• Like Like x 1
  2. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

I like this! As long as they make it completely new, without ANY of the previous characters or a Deathstar, I will probably like it. But knowing Abrams and Kurtzman, I think they may fool around with the Force and lightsabers, but if they give us something on the level of Rogue One, I am on board.

3. Joelist

Joelist I'm showing this for a reason! Staff Member

Honestly I don't want to see another Star Wars trilogy. How about something ORIGINAL instead?

• Like Like x 1
  4. PussyGalore

I hope to God they give us a story that's completely new and is free of Death Stars and retread plots and characters.

5. PussyGalore

Well that's the beauty of the SW universe, it's vast! The writers really have no excuse for not exploring it more and giving us a story free of the trappings of the original line of movies.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Overmind One

What's wrong with a new trilogy? It can be a completely different story trilogy. Not original would be if any of the characters we have already seen are in it or if we are still on the same handful of planets. Do it like Star Trek did DS9. We would be in the same universe but in a different sector telling a completely different story.

7. Rac80

Rac80 The Belle of the Ball

:smiley-money-mouth::smiley-money-mouth::smiley-money-mouth::smiley-money-mouth::smiley-money-mouth:Waiting and popping the popcorn....:smiley-money-mouth::smiley-money-mouth::smiley-money-mouth::smiley-money-mouth::smiley-money-mouth::smiley-money-mouth:

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. yongjin02

yongjin02 Well Known GateFan

yes, exactly!!!

it is not in the movies, but when you read the companion, canon written material-for either the movie > novel or the stand alone books like AFTERMATH trilogy, you get a better scope of the size of the imperial military and the rebellion

the imperial forces number in the multi millions of personnel, there are individual militaries from planets that are part of the imperial forces, private armies fighting for the empire ,etc (in the CLONE WARS we only really saw the republic's clone trooper forces, but we know that there were many other human and non human armies fighting for the republic as well as non-droid forces for the separatists --every rebel pilot/ leader of any experience by ep 4 got that exp in the clone wars--gen Dodonna, Merrick, etc) and the same fighting for or at least- passively supporting the rebellion

point is?- yes, the galaxy is huge and there is so much more room to tell so many more stories that involve NO Skywalker, Solo, Kenobi or the appearance of R2D2 and 3PO.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. yongjin02

• Like Like x 1
  10. yongjin02

of course, there is also the canon battlefront 2 all cutscene "movie" :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Overmind One

OMG this is fucking awesome! I am hooked! MORE!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. yongjin02

yeah, i haven't watched it all yet

even with the inclusion of skywalker in it, its pretty decent (yes, i never was a luke skywalker fan)

----------
    i also find it interesting how they will shoot actual real life actors, in costume, then "video game" it to look more like the game play. i guess it makes it easier to mesh all the sfx together with live actors thhat way

the actress who plays one of the leads in the 'inferno squad'
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...gavankar-crafted-empires-poster-child-1059239

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1