New Science Fiction channel

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Recently Mr Rac, while surfing our 800+ channels for something new to watch ran across a channel called Comet tv. It's a science fiction channel of the old-school style that shows old (and new) hokey scifi movies (recently saw our former first lady in Donovan's Brain - she was billed as Nancy Davis and was quite the looker! ) and shows like the original SG1 and the remake of Outer Limits. Not a reality show in sight - thus far!
here's the wiki on it:
has anyone else found this channel? The movies are hilariously bad. (mr rac's favorite kind)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Recently Mr Rac, while surfing our 800+ channels for something new to watch ran across a channel called Comet tv. It's a science fiction channel of the old-school style that shows old (and new) hokey scifi movies (recently saw our former first lady in Donovan's Brain - she was billed as Nancy Davis and was quite the looker! ) and shows like the original SG1 and the remake of Outer Limits. Not a reality show in sight - thus far!
here's the wiki on it:
has anyone else found this channel? The movies are hilariously bad. (mr rac's favorite kind)

How are you watching this? Is it a cable channel? Do they have a streaming version?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I don't see it on the DISH line-up. Where does it broadcast?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't see it on the DISH line-up. Where does it broadcast?

That's why I asked. I do not see it in any cable lineups here. I use the lineups to tell me about shows, since they are online. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
That's why I asked. I do not see it in any cable lineups here. I use the lineups to tell me about shows, since they are online. :)

And truthfully I wouldn't mind a channel that played old, nostalgic scifi shows.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And truthfully I wouldn't mind a channel that played old, nostalgic scifi shows.

In Kodi, there is The Bionic Woman, Logan's Run (the series), Planet of the Apes (the series), The Invaders, V (the original series), Land of the Giants, Battlestar Galactica (the original), and a few others. In Kodi, find them under Turk's TV Show Classics.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
it's on our cable system. and what is Kodi? those shows are old treasures! (although we own the original V and original BSG! :P )

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i think this channel is on ROKU--maybe?? there is so much stuff on there it can be hard to keep up

i do know there ARE some channels on ROKU specifically for showing old 50's and 60's "b" sci fi films so

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i think this channel is on ROKU--maybe?? there is so much stuff on there it can be hard to keep up

i do know there ARE some channels on ROKU specifically for showing old 50's and 60's "b" sci fi films so

I have this now. :) You can install it from the Kodi repository or download it from here: http://addons.kodi.tv/show/plugin.video.comettv/

icon.png

I opened this and most of the content is listed as "Paid Programming". There is a lame wrestling program on there that is free. This must be a cable channel then?

Workspace 1_001.png

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
One of the nice things about both Roku and Amazon Fire is they have a bunch of channels featuring free content. Granted a lot of it is old public domain stuff but it is still nice and you do find the occasional gem in there.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
One of the nice things about both Roku and Amazon Fire is they have a bunch of channels featuring free content. Granted a lot of it is old public domain stuff but it is still nice and you do find the occasional gem in there.

CRACKLE is starting to get better stuff and they apparently are making originals as well

everything is free though there are some commercials

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Just found the Original Outer Limits eps on Comet - not the brad wright re-makes. These are old treasures from the early 60's. (yeah older than me! :vala-newanime016: )