New GateFan Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'Announcements & Introductions' started by Overmind One, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

WELCOME to GateFans!

:welcomewagon:

Tell us something about yourself here. If you want to know how to do things in the forums like posting videos or pictures or files, or just to use features, please click HERE

• Like Like x 1
  2. R2D2

R2D2 GateFans Noob

Well, I am a droid and I was created to test the permissions on this forum. Right now, I am testing the ability to post a new thread

(obviously this is OM1) :bashtechie:

I can upload too..

C3P0.gif

I am in Chrome for this post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Joelist

Joelist I'm showing this for a reason! Staff Member

I'm a sarcastic Raccoon, but am willing to help.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Tonberry

Tonberry GateFans Noob

Hi! im Tonberry i like long walks on the battlefield and stabbing people with my knife.

I came here because i had a need to take a dump on STD (Star Trek Discovery) with like minded people and gloat about Mallozzi's failures as a writer/producer and in the near future complain about Stargate Origins.

Im an oldtimy banana who has been around since the Gateworld days and i remember SGUsucks ^^
    anyway i'll see you wanna be critics around the board.

Also watch out for my knife i sharpen it daily. o0

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Overmind One

:welcomewagon:

Well, okay then! Welcome. :)

6. heisenberg

heisenberg Earl Grey Staff Member

Welcome abroad. By the way if you haven't had a chance, checkout the Orville. That is the real Star Trek and continues the great Gene Roddenberry vision of the future.

7. Tripler

Tripler Well Known GateFan

Hey Tonberry ..Welcome again ...
    Enjoy the forum and the daily trashing of that shit fest std. I watched a whole 23 minutes of it and turned it off . With sgpoo I almost got through episode 3 then watched no more . I wonder if I hold the record for least amount of minutes of watching std ...
    ;)
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Tripler

Tripler Well Known GateFan

But I am also guilty of watching some youtube posts and reading reviews of std but also never finish watching or reading them .
    ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. PussyGalore

PussyGalore Is he from Gabon?

I used to "hate watch" The Walking Dead because it was so bad it was entertaining, but it eventually got so boring that I gave up. I fast forwarded through the last episode of last season and managed to see everything I needed to see without having to sit through the entire season. My suspicions were confirmed: the show is still incredibly bad. (Andrew Lincoln is such a bad actor that I cringe whenever he opens his mouth.)

I did the same thing with SGU, but that only lasted two seasons and it was such a train wreck that I enjoyed watching each week to marvel at the incredibly bad writing. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it was canceled, but in retrospect I enjoyed having it to mock.

I'm sure if STD was on cable or regular TV I'd tune in to hate watch it also. From what I've seen of that shit show it deserves nothing but ridicule and mockery. Clearly that's all it's good for.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Overmind One

The Crystal Ball ratings were fun. :( We need a new game!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. yongjin02

yongjin02 Well Known GateFan

hey!! thats what i do!!!!

12. yongjin02

yongjin02 Well Known GateFan

good to "meet you"!

hope you stick around.....
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    if you would, where are you from? it just helps with context and perspective to know where one is from, what culture you grew up in and how that may or may not "flavor" your opinions

to be fair and since i am asking you-- i am from north central PA in the middle of no where and surrounded by people who I once had something in common with. but as i get older that 'denominator' seems to be changing quick

i served 20 yrs in the army and spent a good part of my childhood in northern NJ during my parents "experiment" in living/owning a business there

and some may say i am just an ass and so don't pay any attn to me! :)

Now, let's have fun and trash some stuff!!!