Netflix Greenlights New Time-Travel Drama Travelers From Brad Wright

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

LOL...Communications Stones 2.0 (plus time travel)?:

The story follows a team of FBI agents from centuries into our future, who have the capability of sending their conscious minds back in time to the twenty-first century.

This sounds like the Communication Stones concept to me, only with time travel. I wonder why Netflix picked it up sight unseen? Brad talks a good game and he has a long history with Stargate and productions so they may have just "taken his word for it" to go with the project. Does not sound that interesting to me, but who knows? I suspended my Netflix account in November.

Some Stargate veterans are on the show behind the camera, including Amanda Tapping. GateWorld wrote up a good article here:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2016/...time-travel-drama-travelers-from-brad-wright/

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The premise sounds a lot like Trancers:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The premise sounds a lot like Trancers:

BINGO! This trope has been done to death in many forms. Flash Forward, Quantum Leap, Time Bandits....send people forwards or backwards in time to correct mistakes or solve crimes or to prevent other time travelers from committing crimes or changing the timelines, etc. I think the last successful time travel based show was Continuum.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Jeepers huh . Makes me wanna cancel me netflix also reading that story line ... But my wife amd kids enjoy what little offerings that Netflix Canada releases to the great white north which was actually green mostly all this last winter by the way ...
I heard today that Netflix is worth 40 billion US bucks ...

:) ;) ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Stargate‘s own Brad Wright is officially back in the genre TV business.

tumblr_inline_nv8kcpoxd31sqf2ij_500.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
FBI agents from centuries into our future :jonasanime02:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'd rather just see a TV series version of Trancers - at least it was a good flick.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'd rather just see a TV series version of Trancers - at least it was a good flick.

What is the media you posted above? It's just a big gray blank. If you can, please save it (if a photo) and upload it here. Embedding is vulnerable to being blocked.

About trancers, yeah it might make a good series, but you would probably have to reboot the movie first to let people know what Trancers is. Our age group knows it, but youngsters don't!

As far as this thing, FBI centuries into the future? Not at all likely. It irritates me when writers assume that antiquated and outdated concepts and organizations will still be here in the future. It shows a lack of vision.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
What media? I posted a link to the Wiki on Trancers.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
What media? I posted a link to the Wiki on Trancers.

Ah...if it isn't Wikipedia, it will not parse. You can see it in your post?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It is Wikipedia. And my last couple of posts had no links or embeds at all.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Plus it stars that ass clown from that lousy show Will & Grace. :beckett_new050:

FBI agents? Centuries into the future? LOL! It's like showing a fax machine being used in Starfleet Headquarters. :anim_59:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What is the media you posted above? It's just a big gray blank. If you can, please save it (if a photo) and upload it here. Embedding is vulnerable to being blocked.

About trancers, yeah it might make a good series, but you would probably have to reboot the movie first to let people know what Trancers is. Our age group knows it, but youngsters don't!

As far as this thing, FBI centuries into the future? Not at all likely. It irritates me when writers assume that antiquated and outdated concepts and organizations will still be here in the future. It shows a lack of vision.

Especially when that organization will essentially be the same as one in 2016; the only difference being that time travel is now available to them. Ho hum. :rolleye0014:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It is Wikipedia. And my last couple of posts had no links or embeds at all.

Okay, but can you see it in your post? I see a big gray blank.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
FBI agents? Centuries into the future? LOL! It's like showing a fax machine being used in Starfleet Headquarters. :anim_59:

It's like spaceship windows made out of glass...that can crack. :anim_59:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Are you sure it's my post? The only post in this thread where I linked anything is Post #3. And I see the Wikipedia article there.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Are you sure it's my post? The only post in this thread where I linked anything is Post #3. And I see the Wikipedia article there.

Yes, Post #3. Maybe it's just me? None of my browsers can reach Wikipedia right now. DNS errors.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I can see it.