NCIS Fan Extravaganza!!

F

Frumenta

Recruited was a bit heavy-handed with the DADT message and I really think that the story with the old coroner was more interesting. Nothing special in general. Good to see the continuity with Vance still suffering the effects of getting blown up. I don't like him much but then again I never cared for any of the Directors but the first one. It was nice how he was basically invisible. I'd rather focus on the team and none of that director bs.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Pauley Perrette on Letterman tonight

I think the director is a Bellasario device to have someone in the show that has power over the subordinates. He used it in JAG with the SecNav and the Admiral.

-> Pauley Perrette on Letterman tonight <-

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I like Vance

I like director Vance. He's "shady"...there are unknowns in his past that are fascinating. he obviously has done some black ops work, yet still knows how to play politics. His wife looks like she can kick ass as well! ;)
Jenny was never beleivable as a director- just didn't have that level of gravitas. Maybe it was the fake boobs? I dunno, she never "sold" the character to me. and isn't that what an actor/actress should do- "sell" a character?

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Off their stride tonight

Not much tonight, just fill and another social commentary. Like JAG they're starting to eliminate military filming locations and substitute cheap domestic "rent a house" scenes. Same old stuff, even resorting to blow up sex dolls for gags. Pretty lame.

The last two eps should have never been made.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
And after last night's new record numbers for the show (nearly 23m viewers and a 4.6 ratings share), they've announced another season for NCIS (Mark Harmon's signed a new 2 year contract).

It's interesting that even though the show is in its eighth season, viewer numbers continue to rise. In most cases, shows LOSE viewers, rather than gain them. I love seeing "normal" turned on its ear.

:)

NCIS
- 22.845 million viewers
- 13.2/20 HH
- 4.6/12 A18-49

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Big Bucks in play

I expect one actor will hold out. There was some hesitation from a few last season. If Harmon left, well X-Files without Mulder. I hope there's not two years like the past 2 episodes. They were pretty predictable. A bit of change is needed to pick things up a bit. Then again it's the only thing I watch on live TV these days.

Maybe Chip will get out of jail. :joy:

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Bah - clip show

NCIS S08E14 "A Man Walks Into A Bar..."

Clip show. More fill. You'd think with the ratings they'd spend a bit of money. But then because of the ratings the Pavlov types will keep watching. Sounds a bit like a shitty sci-fi show they used to make.

Interesting twist at the end. Third ep I'm not bothering to DL.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Saw a great ep from 2007!

Saw an interesting episode of NCIS the other night. (we watch reruns on USA)It was one we had never seen. It was called Requiem- Gibbs deceased daughter's best friend needs help. It was a very sweet episode...Gibbs got to basically "save" Kelly through her best friend. It made me sniffle (yes I am a softie) and we got to see DiNozzo do his "Super hero" stunt in saving Gibbs and the girl. :) I will admit that watching old reruns can be dull, but NCIS is rewatchable. And when you see an ep that good and reveals so much about a character 4 years into the show's run with being at all soapy- then you are watching quality tv. :D

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Ncis s08e15

Good ep but I just watched the same type of story in S2 JAG. That was NATO and Albania and a very good episode.

Trivia - is the blue train model on the wall of Ducky's lab the famous UK engine, "The Mallard"?

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Just saw the latest episode on Fancast, and I thought the ending was just silly:

Well, the whole "it IS a computer game" stuff was silly enough, plus the fact that the data was getting hidden in computer games in that manner had some logical flaws, I thought, but, I've seen sillier plots so it was okay. Anyways, the part that set me off laughing hysterically was the shoot-em-up bit at the end. Shooting the MONITOR at the last second won't do anything, Gibbs! LOL - I know it was for the general public, but still.