NBC Dumps ‘Wonder Woman

heisenberg

Earl Grey
The script was derided; the costume was scorned; and test audiences frowned at the rough-cut pilot. Now NBC has taken the same line as seemingly everyone else who has had a gander at David E. Kelley‘s new television Wonder Woman. The network passed on the pilot, and so the show won’t go to series.
This will no doubt draw some knowingly rueful chuckles from execs at other networks, all of which passed on the chance to even produce the pilot. Warner Bros. could conceivably try to shop the pilot elsewhere, but given that no one seemed to want it in the first place, the chances of it being picked up seem slim.
haha!
http://www.slashfilm.com/nbc-wonder-woman-pass/

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Shame, David E kelly is a good writer, thems the breaks I guess.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
It may not have been the writing... could've had more to do with the actress, the premise, or the design. She just didn't fit the mold of Wonder Woman, and a lot of people really hated her costume among other things.

On the other hand, his work is primarily with ensemble casts and something like Wonder Woman needs a strongly written lead. May not have been his forte.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It may not have been the writing... could've had more to do with the actress, the premise, or the design. She just didn't fit the mold of Wonder Woman, and a lot of people really hated her costume among other things.

On the other hand, his work is primarily with ensemble casts and something like Wonder Woman needs a strongly written lead. May not have been his forte.

Denny Crane and Alan Shaw are pretty strong characters dude :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
yaaay for the sense to not make the show!

yep yep...the actress was NO lynda carter...could not imagine her kicking anyone's abutt, except her hair stylist...but only if he was shorter than her! :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
yep yep...the actress was NO lynda carter...could not imagine her kicking anyone's abutt, except her hair stylist...but only if he was shorter than her! :P

Have you guys got a pic of the actress and outfit?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
on the next step she will have a "wardrobe malfunction" i swear!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Well yes, she is no Diana of Themyscira there :(
Pity, TV seems to be missing a strong heroic female lead at the moment, WW would have made a good choice for someone like the CW who is about to lose Smallville.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Ouch!

I love the WW concept but I have to say, based on the evidence, I'm glad this one tanked before it got fully produced. At least now someone can do the concept justice.

BTW, I thought Joss Whedon was working on a WW movie script awhile back. I guess he dropped it for some reason, which is a shame. I bet he would make a really cool movie, which is what WW needs to come back as, then later as a series maybe.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Lynda Carter was a unique "fits perfectly for the role" kind of actress/moment in TV that would be incredibly hard to replicate.

All at the same time Carter was innocent and wise, strong and vulnerable, sweet and yet kick-ass. And she could run in that costume with exquisite bounciness without having a wardrobe malfunction. Plus she was gorgeous and curvy, looked like a real woman and not a girl. No one might be able to follow Lynda Carter in that role. Nowadays if a woman is over 100 pounds soaking wet she's "too fat" which is a HUGE DRAG.

Maybe the hot brunette from Legend of the Seeker, she might. Bridget Regan, who played Kahlen the Confessor. She could possibly have done it.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I'm sorry but I don't think either one would look good in a Wonder Woman costume. ;)

That's alright dude, I'm sure YOU would, though they may have to adjust the bodice to the south to account for monkeynuts :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
That's alright dude, I'm sure YOU would, though they may have to adjust the bodice to the south to account for monkeynuts :D

Fantasizing again are we? ;)