My own Idea for a Doctor Who Series

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Just out of curiousity, why the mixing of so many mythologies in one story arc?

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
I just love mythology and I kind of decided early on thats was going to be a major theme when I decided on the alias of the big bad in the story

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
The multiverse thing reminds me heavily of Crisis on Infinite Earths in DC where they go through bunch of earth's and anti-monitor is trying to extend his universe to all of the multiverse. I like the multiverse idea, has the doctor gone to parallel universes often? I'd like to see them do some shadow master puppeteer like a Moriarty sort of but stays in the shadows. The person seems to have had a hand in major events and is trying to guide events to some unforeseeable purpose which even eludes the doctor. The doctor and company go through multiple alternate universes, some of which are desolate, some that are full of life, etc. But some of them contain the Time Lords who are still masters of the universe and the doctor is a part of their group. The mastermind that's causing so many events that seem to be leading to some sinister purpose is an evil version of the doctor trying to find the first universe where all universes stemmed from. Or something like that, also a semi-DC story, this one.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm a bit ambivalent about this storyline.

First because I am not a big fan of mythology tie in at this scale. To do it a little can be fun but this seems overboard. Second because I am not sure there is any need at all to either tie in everything the Doctor has ever faced or to have yet another "super epic" finale. That was one of RTDs failings and it is the one thing I did not care for in "The Pandorica Opens". Every year it seems the human race gets captured/destroyed or the same happens to the universe. Personally, I think it's time for Who to get a bit smaller scale again.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I just love mythology and I kind of decided early on thats was going to be a major theme when I decided on the alias of the big bad in the story

I think your "big bad" is somehow tied to Heimdall in his role as guardian of the Bifrost bridge (Bifrost being in essence a way to traverse time and space much like a TARDIS), yet I don't know enough of the Whovian lore to place that with anyone :)

G

Graybrew1

Well, the majority of us are not ambivalent to it. Thumbs up to your work. :thoranime12:

I am very very new to Dr. Who, I have seen about 5 shows so far, but I enjoy it. I can still recognize your hard work and obvious talent in this area of expertise. I expect to see great things for you in the future. You will always find naysayers but I would suggest taking some of it with a grain of salt and persevering.

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
I think your "big bad" is somehow tied to Heimdall in his role as guardian of the Bifrost bridge (Bifrost being in essence a way to traverse time and space much like a TARDIS), yet I don't know enough of the Whovian lore to place that with anyone :)

Bifrost bridge being the Time Vortex itself of course, but careful not to take these links too literal, it's just losely ties in with the theroy that some of our legends may have been ancient aliens in origin, though Loki's identity is important and personal to the Doctor

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Bifrost bridge being the Time Vortex itself of course, but careful not to take these links too literal, it's just losely ties in with the theroy that some of our legends may have been ancient aliens in origin, though Loki's identity is important and personal to the Doctor

Like I said bro, you got me, I just don't know enough Who to know errr, who it may be. :P

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
Well, the majority of us are not ambivalent to it. Thumbs up to your work. :thoranime12:

I am very very new to Dr. Who, I have seen about 5 shows so far, but I enjoy it. I can still recognize your hard work and obvious talent in this area of expertise. I expect to see great things for you in the future. You will always find naysayers but I would suggest taking some of it with a grain of salt and persevering.

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
I'm a bit ambivalent about this storyline.

First because I am not a big fan of mythology tie in at this scale. To do it a little can be fun but this seems overboard. Second because I am not sure there is any need at all to either tie in everything the Doctor has ever faced or to have yet another "super epic" finale. That was one of RTDs failings and it is the one thing I did not care for in "The Pandorica Opens". Every year it seems the human race gets captured/destroyed or the same happens to the universe. Personally, I think it's time for Who to get a bit smaller scale again.

funniley enought I do agree with "super epic" final point, the plan is simple, do a super-super epic so big there would be little point in trying to top it, thus we don't alway have to have one each year, but the idea that the Earth seems to be vaporized at the end of part 13 is just a prelude of part 14 where there's it's a part of something even bigger and it's not just the universe at stake, also in a twist of fate the traditional "baddies" are on the same side as the Doctor for once?

O Wildish

GateFans Noob
here's another hint, he is an old enemy and is an evil version of of the Doctor I also wanted to note that the scale of this event is why many of the Doctor's enemies are working with the good guys especially the Daleks & Davros who are really ticked off having been utterly betrayed and humiluated like never before, while the Master dicovers Loki's true Idenity in his own adventure leading to the Master joining forces with the Daleks and the Doctor, thus a strong hint of who they are dealing with...