Musical Performances on YouTube

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
OMG! You happened to find a rendition of Happy using accordions, trumpets, tuba, an oboe (my least favorite instruments)....and I like it! AWESOME! How do you find this stuff? :)

I asked about a different band on Facebook, and someone posted a video by that group. That particular video just showed up in YouTube after looking at the other one. BTW, he is playing a clarinet.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I asked about a different band on Facebook, and someone posted a video by that group. That particular video just showed up in YouTube after looking at the other one. BTW, he is playing a clarinet.

I should have noticed the reed. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i am guessing most of you might not like this music. posting it not just for the music but for the video itself as a whole. only in new zealand can a white rock band get away with this kind of stuff

but ,it is Haka packed!!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
here is a Norwegian guy who makes covers of pop and old rock songs and gives them a more 'modern' cut

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
I love baroque music. I love Bach and Handel (I play them too on piano). I have always wanted to play this, but I do not have access to a true three register organ with full foot register. This is my favorite Bach piece. My favorite works from him are the Brandenbergs.

The US State Department once sponsored a concert series by a banjo player in Africa. By far, his most popular number was an adaption of a Bach piece adapted to banjo.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am surprised that you liked that one. It uses an oboe solo, and in an earlier post, you said that the oboe was your least favorite instrument.

Still it is a very good song from a three hit wonder group from the late 1960s.

That goes to show you that when an instrument is played properly and in the proper musical context, it can be beautiful. :) I never thought of a harmonica as a serious instrument...until I heard this song "Velas" by Quincy Jones and Toots Thielemans

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Love this version much better than the original lol !!!

he has got about 300 more covers. most are great,some flops but he keeps on keeping on

he has gotten so popular he now does some limited live shows with his friends as his band, in europe all based on these vids

truthfully, some of the songs, like the Lady Gaga ones and this one from Gorillas- i never really could make out the lyrics unti li heard him doing the songs in a genre a like much better

i think this is the video that started his whole YT cover career

(ps, his 'outro' original music is pretty good too)