Musical Performances on YouTube

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I really like this one. :) I am curious why they did not decide to use a real drummer. One good thing about using a drum machine is that you can tone the drums down. Playing with a real drummer in real life can be VERY distracting because many of the drummers think their drums are the center of the music and they play super loud. This piece allowed the horns to come out clearly. Very cool!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I really like this one. :) I am curious why they did not decide to use a real drummer. One good thing about using a drum machine is that you can tone the drums down. Playing with a real drummer in real life can be VERY distracting because many of the drummers think their drums are the center of the music and they play super loud. This piece allowed the horns to come out clearly. Very cool!
A lot of groups now put a glass sound wall around there mad drummers lol ...

e0d2867cc27a954ffc49b882452b3c10.jpg

;) ;) ;)

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
This Korean musician has a better sense of the blues than any western rock musician actively performing today:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I remember hearing this some thirty years ago. No wonder I couldn't find this in the "Elvis" section.

Sexuality and hymn sounding vibes from the 50s. Who would of thought.​

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
This is strange for me because I listen to modern lounge which has a lot of base in it to curb the sound of tinitus in my head . Now listening to this was actually giving me a headache .My brain tends to seek base sounds which is what my last hearing test confirmed . Any treble notes make me cringe . Perhaps thats why horns don't appeal to me yet I love piano and string .Even tho base notes are carrried low and deep with some horns , there is still a hint of sharpness to them when I hear them . Great composition tho . Quite something and very talented musicians .
;)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
This is the kind of lounge I listen too but this first song makes my head ache with its ticking sound . Songs like that I turn off instantly ... Friggin irritating . It's always hit and miss with modern lounge tho . I prefer not to listen to music with voice also . Just as much low quiet base as I can get .

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Actually thats too much ticking in those songs for me ... Will keep looking to find the right low base music .
;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is strange for me because I listen to modern lounge which has a lot of base in it to curb the sound of tinitus in my head . Now listening to this was actually giving me a headache .My brain tends to seek base sounds which is what my last hearing test confirmed . Any treble notes make me cringe . Perhaps thats why horns don't appeal to me yet I love piano and string .Even tho base notes are carrried low and deep with some horns , there is still a hint of sharpness to them when I hear them . Great composition tho . Quite something and very talented musicians .
;)

That's me dude! (bolded). I also use ambient music and/or sounds every hour of the day when I am at home. Come into my place at any time and you will hear birds, waterfalls, the beach, crickets, etc. Along with that I will play SomaFM Drone Zone at about 1/4 volume. And certain instruments grate me, but they are the more esoteric ones like oboes, tubas, accordions, bagpipes and a few other. I am not a fan of the brassy horns like trumpets, and although I love the saxophone, it has to be low key and not the lead instrument. I do enjoy the selections being posted by Jim though! Very eclectic choices. :)

I am particularly fond of old school smooth jazz, like Fourplay. This is Fourplay live in Tokyo doing one of my favorite songs by them:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is the kind of lounge I listen too but this first song makes my head ache with its ticking sound . Songs like that I turn off instantly ... Friggin irritating . It's always hit and miss with modern lounge tho . I prefer not to listen to music with voice also . Just as much low quiet base as I can get .

Video no workie.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Thats what I thought . Stupid thing . Anyway its not important . Most of the songs had that ticking sound like the drummer wacking the snare drum on the metal edge . Drivesme nuts lol ... Too sharp a sound...
;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

OMG! You happened to find a rendition of Happy using accordions, trumpets, tuba, an oboe (my least favorite instruments)....and I like it! AWESOME! How do you find this stuff? :)