More encouraging news about V, and some ominous events to come on Tuesday.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Of course...Shavedape and I have discussed this way before this on the SGUS forums...should be here.

Gotta say, I'm on Yoshi's side here. He is applying the same calm logic WE used to dismantle SGU. Sure there is no "sucks" site for V, but V was not announced on the heels of "V2's" cancellation and V has, rather than diss it's "old Skool" fans, embraced them, both actions I'm sure did actually endear it to it's fans as opposed to the "clusterbomb" that SGU's marketing performed.

However, I do think V *As an entity on ABC* is in danger, and I also feel that is all Yoshi was trying to get across.

V is only in "danger" of shifting from one home to another. Disney could actually move it to any of its own cable/TV territories, but a profit can be seen if it can sell it to Syfy, which is owned by NBC. But I think that the marketing brains at Disney know who their audiences are, and how best to exploit them.

V will "adjust", but not die like SGU did. It may be a low-end network performer, but on Syfy it would be a blockbuster.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
V is only in "danger" of shifting from one home to another. Disney could actually move it to any of its own cable/TV territories, but a profit can be seen if it can sell it to Syfy, which is owned by NBC. But I think that the marketing brains at Disney know who their audiences are, and how best to exploit them.

V will "adjust", but not die like SGU did. It may be a low-end network performer, but on Syfy it would be a blockbuster.

So we agree then :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just OMG. Im blown completely away by this last episode of V

So we agree then :)

This last episode of V is the most awesome science fiction/drama/action I have seen in DECADES.

AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
:joy:
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The episode is a good combination of the "we are totally hosed" and "there is hope nonetheless" aspects.

So let's see. Ryan and Diana dead, Lisa in gaol, Tyler apparently dead, Chad Decker spprehended by the Vs, Marcus loyal again to Anna and Ryan's daughter can bliss humans. Oh, and lest we forget we have Lisa's evil doppleganger.

Realistically unless they find a way to stop the blissing of humans it's all over.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Guess I have to add Nu "V" to my list.... :(
Bastards :D

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
V was amazing last night . It started out icky but only for a few mins and then it just took off with so many twist's and turn's . WICKED !!! I would also like to point out something . V could end right at this point of the story and be canceled and I would still be completely happy with how it ended . But it won't be .

• quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Tripler
    Yoshi . I am getting tired of you trying to compare sgpoo to V . It is not a poorly performing show and it is way better than sgpoo and has way more viewers than sgpoo ever had or will ever have . There are no sites saying the show sucks which some one else has mentioned and yet you seem to think it is on the same road as sgpoo . I am going to restrain myself and not do the old route that we did at the other site as I do respect your post's and they have been civil and concise and inteligent but you really have to stop crying the( V is going to be canceled story) because it is not going to be canceled . Tonight's episode had to be the best one yet and it has only opened the door to some very exciting storylines and also the loss and gain of new characters will only expand the V experience !!!
    I am not attacking you I am only pointing out that you are wrong about V and it's future .
    V Is For Victory

I'm just looking at the facts and coming up with a conclusion. It's not just me either:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ancelled/85734

As I already said I don't hate V and even enjoyed the first season.​

Reply Reply With Quote
  • 03-15-2011 07:31 PM #40
    Gatefan1976
    user-offline.png
    Lieutenant General ☆☆☆
    reputation_pos.png

Join DateJul 2010Posts1,820

icon1.png

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Tripler
    Yoshi . I am getting tired of you trying to compare sgpoo to V . It is not a poorly performing show and it is way better than sgpoo and has way more viewers than sgpoo ever had or will ever have . There are no sites saying the show sucks which some one else has mentioned and yet you seem to think it is on the same road as sgpoo . I am going to restrain myself and not do the old route that we did at the other site as I do respect your post's and they have been civil and concise and inteligent but you really have to stop crying the( V is going to be canceled story) because it is not going to be canceled . Tonight's episode had to be the best one yet and it has only opened the door to some very exciting storylines and also the loss and gain of new characters will only expand the V experience !!!
    I am not attacking you I am only pointing out that you are wrong about V and it's future .
    V Is For Victory

Gotta say, I'm on Yoshi's side here. He is applying the same calm logic WE used to dismantle SGU. Sure there is no "sucks" site for V, but V was not announced on the heels of "V2's" cancellation and V has, rather than diss it's "old Skool" fans, embraced them, both actions I'm sure did actually endear it to it's fans as opposed to the "clusterbomb" that SGU's marketing performed.

However, I do think V *As an entity on ABC* is in danger, and I also feel that is all Yoshi was trying to get across.​

Last edited by Gatefan1976; 03-15-2011 at 07:37 PM.​

Reply Reply With Quote

Sorry for razzing you Yoshi but I thought you had a hate on for the show but I see now you where just pointing out the obvious regarding ratings . Glad you like the show also .

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Just throwing this out there as well:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/16/if-v-is-cancelled-might-another-network-pick-it-up/86032

Relevant to the discussion of the chances of V moving to another network.
I read that myself. Doesn't sound too promising for V.

The show got a final of 1.9 (just announced). As I asked earlier, does anyone know what ABC's do or die number has averaged for a renewal? I do know that last year's season finale was about 2.2, which would be over the 2.0 threshhold that most major networks seem to be looking to see.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think that V's future is with Syfy

I read that myself. Doesn't sound too promising for V.

The show got a final of 1.9 (just announced). As I asked earlier, does anyone know what ABC's do or die number has averaged for a renewal? I do know that last year's season finale was about 2.2, which would be over the 2.0 threshhold that most major networks seem to be looking to see.

I think that ABC will sell V to Syfy, and that Syfy will be glad to have it. After the season finale, I dont think there is any doubt that the writers are "up to task" for this show. It was absolutely STUNNING in every respect. It was like a supernova in impact.

I think that the fanbase for V will grow if they can move it to a different night, but at the moment, V is ABC's highest rated show on Tuesdays, despite its overall "mediocre" numbers compared to the rest of the roster of shows on ABC.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I think that ABC will sell V to Syfy, and that Syfy will be glad to have it. After the season finale, I dont think there is any doubt that the writers are "up to task" for this show. It was absolutely STUNNING in every respect. It was like a supernova in impact.

I think that the fanbase for V will grow if they can move it to a different night, but at the moment, V is ABC's highest rated show on Tuesdays, despite its overall "mediocre" numbers compared to the rest of the roster of shows on ABC.

It's got nothing to do with being up to the task, its about the numbers. For ABC it's pretty clear how it's going to perform and thats a 1.9 or lower. As for the Syfy thing, well I think the fact they haven't picked up any failed shows from other networks since Stargate is pretty telling - they are focusing on original programming. Tvbythenumbers is in the business of looking at the chances of shows and they seem to have a pretty conclusive opinion on V.

I just read your editorial on the front page:
I am disheartened by reports on TVbythenumbers that assume that “V” will be cancelled based on its ratings performance. Perhaps I am biased a bit, because I absolutely LOVE the show. Its well written, exciting, and looks great. Morena Baccharin is the most refreshing “baddie” I have seen in decades, surpassing the original Diana by leagues. “V” is a breath of fresh air in the science fiction genre. Its done RIGHT, and without the new tendency of writers to turn science fiction into nothing more than soap operas dressed in space suits.

V isn't going to be renewed just because its the type of science fiction you want to see. Just look at the update to the tvbythenumbers article:
Update 2: After reading the comments, it seems like many fans are experiencing some of the TV Fan Stages Of Grief.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/16/if-v-is-cancelled-might-another-network-pick-it-up/86032
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/22/the-five-stages-of-tv-fan-grief/73003

At the end of the day V is in the same position many shows have found themselves over the years (SGU, Caprica, Firefly, Terminator TSCC etc, the list goes on) - not enough viewers stayed with the show.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ho hum....

It's got nothing to do with being up to the task, its about the numbers. For ABC it's pretty clear how it's going to perform and thats a 1.9 or lower. As for the Syfy thing, well I think the fact they haven't picked up any failed shows from other networks since Stargate is pretty telling - they are focusing on original programming. Tvbythenumbers is in the business of looking at the chances of shows and they seem to have a pretty conclusive opinion on V.

I just read your editorial on the front page:

V isn't going to be renewed just because its the type of science fiction you want to see. Just look at the update to the tvbythenumbers article:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/22/the-five-stages-of-tv-fan-grief/73003

At the end of the day V is in the same position many shows have found themselves over the years (SGU, Caprica, Firefly, Terminator TSCC etc, the list goes on) - not enough viewers stayed with the show.

Yoshi, please. :roll:. I thought we went over this earlier. First of all, TVbythenumbers is great for one thing..giving ratings numbers. And it doesnt even get those exclusively, it gets them from Travis Yanaan. The editorials have been wrong in the past and the fact is that V has a 50/50 chance of renewal. It isnt AT ALL anywhere near the utter failure of SGU from beginning to end. The drops are nowhere near as severe. And as far as Caprica, it started out low and got much MUCH lower. Trying to compare a show like SGU which got less than 1/5th the viewers as V got on its LOWEST rated episode is a bit comical to me :). And then to throw Caprica in there which did even worse than SGU is a punchline.

I have speculated based on available information, and whereas the fate of Stargate Universe and Caprica (and all other Stargate projects in the immediate future) are sealed shut, V has a chance at renewal.

I thought we had decided to wait and see what happens? My vote is renewal, yours is not. I get that. :) Also, my second scenario is that ABC cancels it, but Syfy picks it up. Not any other channel, but Syfy. But IF it gets renewed, you and I will need to have a talk over virtual coffee...in FLAME HELL. :icon_e_biggrin:

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I thought we had decided to wait and see what happens? My vote is renewal, yours is not. I get that. :) Also, my second scenario is that ABC cancels it, byt Syfy picks it up. Not any other channel, but Syfy. But IF it gets renewed, you and I will need to have a talk over virtual coffee...in FLAME HELL. :icon_e_biggrin:

Sure thing. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. We can bake the humble pie and keep it ready till decision time, then someone can eat it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sure thing. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. We can bake the humble pie and keep it ready till decision time, then someone can eat it.

Yep, and HERE, you are allowed to gloat and rub it in my face! Just do it in Flame Hell! You arent gonna get in any trouble for that. I play fair. :)