Mists of Pandaria - Next World of Warcraft Expansion

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I got into the beta a little while ago and I've been having a lot of fun with it. One thing I can see is that they are including some fun pop culture references, as always:

The Cliffs of Insanity
Exclamation Point
The Tiger Wood
Pay Wei (after a Chinese food place called "Pei Wei" near Blizzard headquarters in Irvine CA - very good sauteed udon)
Kher Shan (a tiger)

...and a lot more I can't think of at this particular moment (still tired from the midnight movie)

Apparently, Blizzard decided that since the last two expansions were so serious, this one would be a bit more light-hearted. They're also introducing companion pet battles (yes, it does invite Pokemon comments, but I can live with that) for just general fun.

So, their old Pandaren Express April Fools jokes have finally borne fruit, and I'm happy that it has.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Welcome!!!

:welcomewagon:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I got into the beta a little while ago and I've been having a lot of fun with it. One thing I can see is that they are including some fun pop culture references, as always:

The Cliffs of Insanity
Exclamation Point
The Tiger Wood
Pay Wei (after a Chinese food place called "Pei Wei" near Blizzard headquarters in Irvine CA - very good sauteed udon)
Kher Shan (a tiger)

...and a lot more I can't think of at this particular moment (still tired from the midnight movie)

Apparently, Blizzard decided that since the last two expansions were so serious, this one would be a bit more light-hearted. They're also introducing companion pet battles (yes, it does invite Pokemon comments, but I can live with that) for just general fun.

So, their old Pandaren Express April Fools jokes have finally borne fruit, and I'm happy that it has.

What is the cheapest way to play WoW these days? I sorta miss playing...:(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cheapest is probably to buy a year long subscription dude.

Im considering it....people who have never played WoW wont know the nature of the addiction it causes. :) It can get so bad that you feel actual FURY when people steal your stuff in the game or use magic on you that you cant fight against. But I was recently watching one of my friends play the later expansions and I am feeling a little withdrawal. :(. I have been off WoW for two years now.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I've never had anyone steal my stuff in WoW before dude. !?!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I've never had anyone steal my stuff in WoW before dude. !?!

You never were ripped off by a ninja or had somebody kill/steal you??? :) Not only that, when I was playing there were exploits. :( The usual scenario is that you come across a mini-boss, and then he goes down. Instead of waiting for the other players to roll for the stuff, they just disband from the group steal all of it and then use hearthstone. They usually got reported then blacklisted, but it happened to many times for my taste.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Killed in PvP battlegrounds and such sure, but if you run with a guild, you generally don't need to bother with being ninja'd for gear, or after the first boss they will just get kicked.
Dunno dude, never really had problems with it really.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
You can't disband a group and then take all the loot for yourself. The system doesn't work that way. (Just like they changed Diablo 3, and now when you die, you don't lose all your loot on the ground next to your body.)

They've also got it now that you can get in to cross-realm dungeon groups, which can make things rather interesting. That way, folks who play on PvP servers can group for dungeons with their PvE server friends. (requires signing up with the RealID system to play cross-dungeon with friends)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You can't disband a group and then take all the loot for yourself. The system doesn't work that way. (Just like they changed Diablo 3, and now when you die, you don't lose all your loot on the ground next to your body.)

They've also got it now that you can get in to cross-realm dungeon groups, which can make things rather interesting. That way, folks who play on PvP servers can group for dungeons with their PvE server friends. (requires signing up with the RealID system to play cross-dungeon with friends)

Yeah, somebody told me they fixed it when they came out with Cataclysm. Diablo II was one of the most frustrating online games to play for me because there were SO MANY exploits. Town kills, no-die hacks, invisibility hacks, etc. Good to know things have changed with that one too :) Diablo III looks good, never played it.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
In Diablo 3, loot that drops from mobs, etc. is your own random loot. You can share it with other group members, but that's up to you, not whether or not you leave it on the ground.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
In Diablo 3, loot that drops from mobs, etc. is your own random loot. You can share it with other group members, but that's up to you, not whether or not you leave it on the ground.

What about kills? Does the other player's loot drop after you kill them still? That was the incentive to kill another player, was to take his loot. In Diablo II, there was a "town kill" hack that allowed other players to kill you in town and take your loot. I hated that!