MGM Has $500 Million in New Financing for New Projects.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is great news!

Okay, here are a couple of articles that cover this:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a6cc5bf6-0c9c-11e0-a0a2-00144feabdc0.html#axzz192PpHXNg

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/12/mgm-reboot-complete-financing-secured-for-new-productions/

It looks like MGM has sorted out its bankruptcy troubles (at least for the most part) and is in a position to start approving new projects.

I would hope that SGA gets a well written mini-series before some well written movies, but I know that all Brad and Co. want to do with SGA is to throw excrement at it, so whatever. I just find it a bit ironic that the one show that wasn't cancelled by Syfy is the show Brad and Co. were "bored" with and seem to hate with a vengeance... This franchise really needs some new people in charge and some better/fresher writers that know the characters...

Anyhoo, I will hope that the SG-1 movie gets made since I know they care about that (and I like SG-1), and I don't care what they do with SGU. I just know what whatever they approve for SGU, if they are clueless enough to approve something for such a failed show in every way thinkable, will be a failure. So it'll be their loss if they do.

Cheers.

Actually, I think they have effectively and satisfactorily ended SG-1. I hope they would give that investment to Atlantis since that story remains unresolved, and its audience is made up of most SG-1 fans as well. I think that for a miniseries, they could actually get the original actors! As a regular production, probably not. But to wrap things up, it would be awesome.

Also, they could do a new Stargate series in action/adventure format like SG-1 and Atlantis (and the new BSG Blood and Chrome). If Blood and Chrome delivers, and I think it will, then the willingness may be there to do another Stargate series. But it HAS TO BE without Brad or Mallozzi or any of the current PTB. Brad would most likely be involved in an Atlantis miniseries in some fashion, but I would not have much hope if he was the main writer.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I agree.

As long as it's not Robert Picardo, that would be awesome. His wet sounding voice and rubber face make me sick.

I really dont count Woolsey or Keller as part of the "regular" Atlantis cast. I just never accepted them as being permanent cast members. I know, its unreasonable, but thats just the way it is for me. :)

Lexa

GateFans Noob
I read that the new execs (the guys over at spyglass) are the ones who are in charge of approving new shows. New guys at the helm...who knows what they will approve, hopefully we'll get an SG1 and SGA movie out of it.