Melbourne Man Seeks $50 Million To Fund New Season Of Stargate Universe

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

BAHAHAHAHA! Im now wondering what he will do with the 4 grand or so that he supposedly collected?

I dont get why the type of fan that liked SGU enough to try something like this even exists. You have fans of Stargate, but the RABID fans are all for SGU. They create these silly videos and whine about a "return of Stargate" when what they really want is the soap opera that was SGU. At BEST, they had a million or so regular viewers...and that dropped below a million in just a few episodes. Why would anybody, even these SGU fans, think that somebody would want to bring it back? Robert Carlyle and Ming Na I think would refuse to be in any revived SGU (too embarrassing and a career liability). Plus, all of the stages have been cleared of everything Stargate at Bridge Studios. Brad Wright has probably locked himself in at a Hostess Twinkies factory. :anim_59:

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Thank god for that. I hope those idiots who paid that amount get a refund not that they deserve it back of course. SGA just seemed incomplete after re watching it again.SGU I just didnt bother watching the conclusion.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I cant believe he got $21000 for the pledge. Some people really do waste their money on usesless s••t

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
BAHAHAHAHA! Im now wondering what he will do with the 4 grand or so that he supposedly collected?

I dont get why the type of fan that liked SGU enough to try something like this even exists. You have fans of Stargate, but the RABID fans are all for SGU. They create these silly videos and whine about a "return of Stargate" when what they really want is the soap opera that was SGU. At BEST, they had a million or so regular viewers...and that dropped below a million in just a few episodes. Why would anybody, even these SGU fans, think that somebody would want to bring it back? Robert Carlyle and Ming Na I think would refuse to be in any revived SGU (too embarrassing and a career liability). Plus, all of the stages have been cleared of everything Stargate at Bridge Studios. Brad Wright has probably locked himself in at a Hostess Twinkies factory. :anim_59:

Kickstarter funds raised by Kickstarter Projects that fail are returned to the donor minus a 5-10% fee.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Kickstarter funds raised by Kickstarter Projects that fail are returned to the donor minus a 5-10% fee.

THIS. Kickstarter was a brilliant idea, btw. They profit no matter if the projects on there succeeed or fail. They are self-sustaining, being purely passive. They do not have to "sell" anything, as they are merely helping YOU sell your idea and providing a fiduciary service. They dont have to do squat but count the money. Brilliant. :greedy_dollars::greedy_dollars::greedy_dollars::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

But back to the thread topic, this show could not do anything but die. I just watched 4 random episodes from season 1 and 2, and among them were the episode where the new shuttle came from the Eden planet (cant remember what they called it in the series), also the time loop episode where Chloe got killed. There was the super dumb episode where Telford had to go back to earth using the stones to sign divorce papers :facepalm:, and the one where Telford strangled the dude who was dying of his wounds. Yaaaaawwwwwnnnn. The writing was absolutely terrible. :smiley-laughing011:

EVEN IF they brought it back, where would it go? We already know where it has been, and with this ship billions of light years away from the Milky Way and no idea where they really are, the only way back would be a stargate using something as strong as the planet-powered one. What were they thinking (smoking?)? Brad and Cooper must have just fellated each other saying YES! to every dumb plot idea (between bong loads), and then committed it to the production without running it past anyone else. :mallozzicry:

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
THIS. Kickstarter was a brilliant idea, btw. They profit no matter if the projects on there succeeed or fail. They are self-sustaining, being purely passive. They do not have tro "sell" anything, as they are merely helping YOU sell your idea and providing a fiduciary service. They dont have to do squat but count the money. Brilliant. :greedy_dollars::greedy_dollars::greedy_dollars::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

But back to the thread topic, this show could not do anything but die. I just watched 4 random episodes from season 1 and 2, and among them were the episode where the new shuttle came from the Eden planet (cant remember what they called it in the series), also the time loop episode where Chloe got killed. There was the super dumb episode where Telford had to go back to earth using the stones to sign divorce papers :facepalm:, and the one where Telford strangled the dude who was dying of his wounds. Yaaaaawwwwwnnnn. The writing was absolutely terrible. :smiley-laughing011:

EVEN IF they brought it back, where would it go? We already know where it has been, and with this ship billions of light years away from the Milky Way and no idea where they really are, the only way back would be a stargate using something as strong as the planet-powered one. What were they thinking (smoking?)? Brad and Cooper must have just fellated each other saying YES! to every dumb plot idea (between bong loads), and then committed it to the production without running it past anyone else. :mallozzicry:

I hated this show for many, many reasons, but the issue of needing to blow up a planet in order to get home using the stargate was particularly troublesome. I mean, they expected us to believe that a planet exploding is somehow more powerful than a star -- which they flew through on a regular basis in order to refuel. :rolleye0014: :icon_lol:

So they can fly through a star -- with shields that are powerful enough to protect the vessel and everyone on board from the massive, massive amount of solar radiation -- but they can't use this same power to operate the stargate???

All these years later the stupidity of this show still annoys me. Thank God it was cancelled.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I hated this show for many, many reasons, but the issue of needing to blow up a planet in order to get home using the stargate was particularly troublesome. I mean, they expected us to believe that a planet exploding is somehow more powerful than a star -- which they flew through on a regular basis in order to refuel. :rolleye0014: :icon_lol:

So they can fly through a star -- with shields that are powerful enough to protect the vessel and everyone on board from the massive, massive amount of solar radiation -- but they can't use this same power to operate the stargate???

All these years later the stupidity of this show still annoys me. Thank God it was cancelled.

See? Stuff like that. Even fully stoned and half-asleep, my eyes will automatically roll at "short range stargate" and "hand held DHD" and the still they built in the mess hall. :facepalm:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Of all the eps which one do you think is the worst ? Wait . Let me think about that .

Done thinkin all of a millisecond . There all crap so it's an impossible task to take one and decide it's the worst of the worst . One that does come to mind for me having not ever finished the eps is the one were talbot zooms in with the ship infested with those cockroach things . All of a sudden he speaks cockroach and can fly a ship and locate them exactly at the right place in time whilst the destiny is under attack from other kinds of cockroaches ,,,... OMG , I think I threw up watching that one . What absolute crap full of holes apon holes apon holes and obviously cockroaches that like talbot . Wha a dick character he was and was well suited with this crew of misfit miserable jerks offs if there ever were any in the universe . Maybe th show would have ended like lost . There all actually dead and destiny is hell .
It was certainly hell for me ...

:) :) :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Of all the eps which one do you think is the worst ? Wait . Let me think about that .

Done thinkin all of a millisecond . There all crap so it's an impossible task to take one and decide it's the worst of the worst . One that does come to mind for me having not ever finished the eps is the one were talbot zooms in with the ship infested with those cockroach things . All of a sudden he speaks cockroach and can fly a ship and locate them exactly at the right place in time whilst the destiny is under attack from other kinds of cockroaches ,,,... OMG , I think I threw up watching that one . What absolute crap full of holes apon holes apon holes and obviously cockroaches that like talbot . Wha a dick character he was and was well suited with this crew of misfit miserable jerks offs if there ever were any in the universe . Maybe th show would have ended like lost . There all actually dead and destiny is hell .
It was certainly hell for me ...

:) :) :)

Wow. (bolded) :) How can we choose the worst episode? They were all qualified for that....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Worse yet, they expected us to believe that they left some sort of semi-sentient intergalactic starship out in the void loaded with a stargate and fancy portable DHDs (which evidently became washing-machine sized hundreds of thousands of years later), out there to wait to be boarded by...whomever? And the ascended Ancients just let it "slip their minds"? The Wraith threat in the Pegasus was reason enough to make sure it was destroyed, let alone the Goa'uld in the Milky Way. What about all the unknown species and civilizations in all the other galaxies Destiny passed through? And those damned stones...there has not been a worse deus ex machina. Not even The Oracle in The Matrix or the Q were as dumb.

Last edited:

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Worse yet, they expected us to believe that they left some sort of semi-sentient intergalactic starship out in the void loaded with a stargate and fancy portable DHDs (which evidently became washing-machine sized hundreds of thousands of years later), out there to wait to be boarded by...whomever? And the ascended Ancients just let it "slip their minds"? The Wraith threat in the Pegasus was reason enough to make sure it was destroyed, let alone the Goa'uld in the Milky Way. What about all the unknown species and civilizations in all the other galaxies Destiny passed through? And those damned stones...there has not been a worse deus ex machina. Not even The Oracle in The Matrix or the Q were as dumb.

The issue right off the bat is, if this is something so important, so universal shattering, then why is it only made in a reference, a foot note in the ancient data base. Oh sure, here have access to all our weapon technology, medical knowledge but this thing that could change the shape on how you see the universe, na not gonna mention that at all. Apparently the ancient data base is similar to a wiki page or something and some twat just edited it.

The stones also have a problem in that the device they use to link up with, is considerably smaller and of human design. Yet they do not know what the affects of the stones do. That is like saying, we've built this nuclear reactor, but still don't understand the affects of radiation.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The issue right off the bat is, if this is something so important, so universal shattering, then why is it only made in a reference, a foot note in the ancient data base. Oh sure, here have access to all our weapon technology, medical knowledge but this thing that could change the shape on how you see the universe, na not gonna mention that at all. Apparently the ancient data base is similar to a wiki page or something and some twat just edited it.

The stones also have a problem in that the device they use to link up with, is considerably smaller and of human design. Yet they do not know what the affects of the stones do. That is like saying, we've built this nuclear reactor, but still don't understand the affects of radiation.

See, Brad and Rob Cooper were not writing just any new show, it had to serve the purpose of capturing the orphaned NuBSG fans AND be "Stargate".

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
See, Brad and Rob Cooper were not writing just any new show, it had to serve the purpose of capturing the orphaned NuBSG fans AND be "Stargate".

The con those two tried to run (with the help of lackeys like Mallozzi) on loyal Stargate fans was ignoble and ignominious. The cynical arrogance and hubris with which they served up this platter of shit to people who supported them for 15 years is shocking. They basically just cut and pasted the name "Stargate" onto a steaming pile of crap and expected us all to grab a spoon and dig in.

SGU deserved to be cancelled. In fact, it should never have been produced to begin with.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
The con those two tried to run (with the help of lackeys like Mallozzi) on loyal Stargate fans was ignoble and ignominious. The cynical arrogance and hubris with which they served up this platter of shit to people who supported them for 15 years is shocking. They basically just cut and pasted the name "Stargate" onto a steaming pile of crap and expected us all to grab a spoon and dig in.

SGU deserved to be cancelled. In fact, it should never have been produced to begin with.

This is what happens when you run out of ideas.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This is what happens when you run out of ideas.

The truly sad thing is that Wright and Cooper probably believed that SGU was an original idea when in truth it was a Frankenstein monster of cobbled together plots and characters and styles that other shows and movies had done much, much better originally.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The truly sad thing is that Wright and Cooper probably believed that SGU was an original idea when in truth it was a Frankenstein monster of cobbled together plots and characters and styles that other shows and movies had done much, much better originally.

Hmmm....I think what they thought they had was a SOLUTION, not an original idea. There is no way in hell they did not study and outright copy elements of NuBSG. From the theme song of the show to the ship flyby vectors and exterior angles, the bluish filters on the lighting and the shaky cam...unmistakable. The premise was even there...a ship far far from it's origins, trying to find a place to call home". Perhaps not home, but you know...."there". Like NuBSG, they made it up as they went along. I think they thought they were doing what Ronald Moore and his writers were doing, but it didn’t work for them at all.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Hmmm....I think what they thought they had was a SOLUTION, not an original idea. There is no way in hell they did not study and outright copy elements of NuBSG. From the theme song of the show to the ship flyby vectors and exterior angles, the bluish filters on the lighting and the shaky cam...unmistakable. The premise was even there...a ship far far from it's origins, trying to find a place to call home". Perhaps not home, but you know...."there". Like NuBSG, they made it up as they went along. I think they thought they were doing what Ronald Moore and his writers were doing, but it didn’t work for them at all.

I think SGU's story was poorly mapped out. The stories felt like they were made on the "fly" They weren't stargate either.No sense of adventure either and when they did, they just felt short.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think SGU's story was poorly mapped out. The stories felt like they were made on the "fly" They weren't stargate either.No sense of adventure either and when they did, they just felt short.

They could have adjusted their plot heading for season 2, and they actually did. But they changed the wrong things. They stopped trying to play into Lt James' ample girls by having her standing around in random hallways in panties and a camisole three sizes too small. They stopped using closets as sex pods. They tried to "smart up" Chloe and give her brains she did not have. They showed a space battle...sorta. But they kept the biggest flaw of all which was those damned stones. How can you add science into the show like they tried to do in season 2, but not explain how the stones worked?