Marina Sirtis thinks there's only one way Next Gen could come back

heisenberg

Earl Grey
We don't know about you, but we'd LOVE to see the cast and crew of Star Trek: The Next Generation
back into our lives again for fresh new adventures where no one's gone before in one form or another (TV, mini-series, movies, you name it). So does actress Marina Sirtis, who thinks that the series—like the original

http://blastr.com/2011/11/marina-sirtis-thinks-star.php
She hated star trek from the start. As a result, that was translated into the character Dianna Troi. She was the Dr.Keller of star trek.Just plain boring and feeling like those fillers. However I hope Paramount sees interest in a tv series for star trek.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I wouldnt want ST NextGen to come back. It was awesome, but its over. Even if it wasnt over and came back, she wouldnt be necessary in it. Perhaps as an Admiral or a guest star cameo, but not much else. To me, she ranks up there with Wesley Crusher. :icon_e_wink::icon_lol:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I still haven't forgiven the Trek people for turning the final episode of Enterprise into an episode of TNG.

At this point, all these years later, it would have to be "Star Trek: The Next Next NEXT Generation".

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I wouldnt want ST NextGen to come back. It was awesome, but its over. Even if it wasnt over and came back, she wouldnt be necessary in it. Perhaps as an Admiral or a guest star cameo, but not much else. To me, she ranks up there with Wesley Crusher. :icon_e_wink::icon_lol:

But to be fair she does look a fair bit better than Wesley.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
But to be fair she does look a fair bit better than Wesley.

Well, yes of course. But even though he became a ST cliche, some of the stories with him in them were awesome. Same with Troi. But Im just saying that if she were to "come back", it wouldnt have nearly as much punch as when she was in TNG. Besides that, TNG has the longest continuous timeline canon in the series. Cant really bring it back can we?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well, yes of course. But even though he became a ST cliche, some of the stories with him in them were awesome. Same with Troi. But Im just saying that if she were to "come back", it wouldnt have nearly as much punch as when she was in TNG. Besides that, TNG has the longest continuous timeline canon in the series. Cant really bring it back can we?

Agreed. Let it rest in peace.

S

Stonelesscutter

Largest continous timeline canon. What's that supposed to mean?

Is it like a big honkin' spacegun that uses timeline as ammo and fires non-stop? :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Largest continous timeline canon. What's that supposed to mean?

Is it like a big honkin' spacegun that uses timeline as ammo and fires non-stop? :P

LOL...I mean that the most significant story was told in TNG as far as Trek canon goes. All the new aliens were introduced, the Klingons changed, all the new classes of ships were introduced, etc. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Largest continous timeline canon. What's that supposed to mean?Is it like a big honkin' spacegun that uses timeline as ammo and fires non-stop? :P
Typical Dutch man, obsessed with the phallic symbolism.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Typical Dutch man, obsessed with the phallic symbolism.

LMAO! If it werent for TNG, there would be no Cardassians, no Bajorans, Denobulans, no Borg or Delta Quadrant. There would be no replicators, no holodecks, etc. In a very big way, TNG defined modern Trek lore.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
LOL...I mean that the most significant story was told in TNG as far as Trek canon goes. All the new aliens were introduced, the Klingons changed, all the new classes of ships were introduced, etc. :)

They also didn't do a half-bad job of maintaining continuity ... until Generations, that is, where they did a half-assed job with continuity and threw everything to the wind for the sake of telling a really bad story.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They also didn't do a half-bad job of maintaining continuity ... until Generations, that is, where they did a half-assed job with continuity and threw everything to the wind for the sake of telling a really bad story.

True. Alas all the TNG movies except First Contact stunk. And First Contact was a good action-adventure film more than Trek. Plus the TNG gang gave us the horrific Star Trek: Nemesis, and compared to Nemesis Generations is like Citizen Kane.

Tropicana

Council Member
A continuation of TNG would be so boring. Hell I'm sick of all the TNG movies, call me naive but I would love to see a VOY movie instead or a brand new movie based after VOY and have 7 films that depicts a long but entertaining ST story. Like in the 26th century or whatever and the creation of temporal technology and the gradual friction it causes and the battles betweens various alien species.

It could be like Harry Potter but sci-fi.