Mallozzi's new movie ?!??

iratecaller

GateFans Noob
Rumour is that Mallozzi is working with John Travolta on the sequel to Battlefield Earth!

The screenplay / adaptation is to be written exclusively by Mallozzi !

Isn't that something. So much for him leaving sci-fi ey?

It's just a rumour though, so don't kill the messenger.

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
"Battlefield Earth" was universally panned as being total crap, so it looks like they picked the right guy to write the sequel, being so well versed in crap and all.

iratecaller

GateFans Noob
Why would someone pay money to make a sequel to that horrible movie?

Well it was so bad , it was a bit funny .. i thought that was the point. hehe. I know it was panned, but I'm sure that if they did a direct-to-dvd thing that it may turn a profit.

Hopefully they'll push the comedy route more.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, John Revolting always said he wanted to do the whole series.

Gotta love the mindcontrolled Scientologists of Hollyweird.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. Anyone know if Mazola is a Scientologist?

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
Anyone know if Mazola is a Scientologist?

Clearly he's anything anyone in a position of power wants him to be. The dude's a total climber; a tool extraordinaire.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
That said, it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. Anyone know if Mazola is a Scientologist?

I wondered who you were referring to. Mazzola has two Zeds. :icon_razz:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG...put it right there with A Very Brady Movie and the Bewitched movie.

Rumour is that Mallozzi is working with John Travolta on the sequel to Battlefield Earth!

The screenplay / adaptation is to be written exclusively by Mallozzi !

Isn't that something. So much for him leaving sci-fi ey?

It's just a rumour though, so don't kill the messenger.

"Battlefield Earth" was universally panned as being total crap, so it looks like they picked the right guy to write the sequel, being so well versed in crap and all.

Why would someone pay money to make a sequel to that horrible movie?

Oh my. Battlefield Earth? That movie was so bad it was assumed to be intentionally bad :) Any sequel to Battlefield Earth will fail because the story was shit. Mallozzi sure can pick em, huh? What a buttmunch.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
When you were still learning to spell your name, Malozzi was being trained, to conquer galaxies!!!!!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LMAO!

When you were still learning to spell your name, Malozzi was being trained, to conquer galaxies!!!!!!

LOL...a twist on Kirk to Picard in the Generations movie? :icon_lol:. The funny thing is that I am older than Mallozzi! I wish I could know just how many of my associates are "working on projects" that will never see the light of day. Wasnt somebody trying to bring out a new Barbarella? That was stillborn. What dumb, stupid studio would buy and produce a sequel to Battlefield Earth? Even an established entity like Terminator couldnt make it with Terminator 4. Alien: Resurrection didnt do well either.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I've noticed that actors, too, always seem to have a screenplay in the works, or finished, but unsold.

And by Mazola, I was referring to the cooking oil. One zed.

Mazola, Mozzarella, Malvolio...I've used all of those, but rarely his true surname. ;)

geijin

GateFans Noob
Actually, a sequel to Battlefield: Earth would be perfect for him. It's not scifi, it requires no skill in writing, no acting talent, and will never get produced. Yet, he can spend years working on it, and get a medal of valor from Scientology for all his hard work. Look what it did for Tom Cruise's career when he got his.

Drax1971

GateFans Noob
What dumb, stupid studio would buy and produce a sequel to Battlefield Earth?
Well, if it's going to be a TVM, theres the channel which brought you the classics Minotaur, Ogre, Mansquito and Mega Snake (and SGU ;)).
Or The Asylum who produced Transmorphers, Aliens Vs Hunters & The Terminators. They also did a cheesy Sherlock Holmes movie with Gareth David-Lloyd from Torchwood & Dominic Keating from Star Trek: Enterprise.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

So I guess "dark, gritty, edgey & intelligent" TV & movies just aren't cool now. Now it's badder-than-bad, scifi b-movie shit.