Mallozzi is a huge liar! Here is the proof.

Drax1971

GateFans Noob
A little light reading

Can someone link me up to his quote about DragonCon? I know the basics of what happened, but I want to link it up in the Timeline O'Stuff.

On his site, 11th September; http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...super-secret-vids-from-that-super-secret-set/
(under the Guinness picture)
Also, same page, Jen Dykes, event organiser, calling Mozz out for his lies; http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...ds-from-that-super-secret-set/#comment-104728

Our site's coverage, http://forums.sgusucks.com/showthread.php/264-Mallozzi-s-Mailbag-More!?p=9064#post9064 (starts page 7 & carries on many pages thereafter)
and also here, http://forums.sgusucks.com/showthre...le-those-angry-Atlantis-fans-are-the-problem.

Inara

GateFans Noob
Danke for the linkage Drax!

The reason I've been working on the timeline is because I remember things being talked about, but can't always recall when and where I heard it, and sometimes this helps a lot in getting the full context and helps point out the lies and misdirections.

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Tropicana

Council Member
Well if ratings alone were the only factor, i.e. Live+SD and Live+7, I would say yes, I would have been surprised that SGU would have got renewed for a 2nd season. Especially if you look at the steep declination gradient for the first 10 episodes of season 1. Thus that is why I believe SGU was given a 2 year contract deal. The first season didn't matter, and in some ways, if the first season did matter, I think the storyline wouldn't have been so slow.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
loretta the liar!

talk about back-peddling. He seems like a nice guy trying to cover-up for Mallozzi's lies. ;)

Well if ratings alone were the only factor, i.e. Live+SD and Live+7, I would say yes, I would have been surprised that SGU would have got renewed for a 2nd season. Especially if you look at the steep declination gradient for the first 10 episodes of season 1. Thus that is why I believe SGU was given a 2 year contract deal. The first season didn't matter, and in some ways, if the first season did matter, I think the storyline wouldn't have been so slow.

yep tropi you nailed it! even their fabled fabulous first 10 eps were so horrible the ratings were mediocre at best.

Are they now trying to backpeddle and say that they had a 2 season deal based on the first 10 episodes? No, that would be like every other year to year contract syfy had with stargate. Bullshit!

Will

GateFans Noob
Haha aren't ALL their renewals based upon the first half of the season? Like their decision to cancel SGU came after the first half of THIS season? So a two year deal based on a one year deal? Riiiighhhhttt. Why would he try to cover up for Mallozzi now I wonder...

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Yes, I think they wouldn't have renewed due to the ratings.

For the most part those first 10 episodes held up pretty well though. The only one that was really a red flag was episode 10 and for all Syfy knew it could have been an anomaly. I think it would have taken a lot more than that for Syfy to drop a flagship show they'd invested a lot of money in advertising (that more being the Season 1.5 and 2.0 drops and averages). Just my opinion on it anyway.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I dont think they would have.

Seems pretty logical to me. Besides does anyone here think they wouldn't have renewed SGU after the performance of the first 10 episodes?

By the end of episode 3, they were already showing a distinct downward trend and by episode 10, the season 1 "cliffhanger" it should have been hiding from the cancellation bear. Season 1.5 continued the trend and season 2 should never have happened. Now we know why...they were promised it from the beginning.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
By the end of episode 3, they were already showing a distinct downward trend and by episode 10, the season 1 "cliffhanger" it should have been hiding from the cancellation bear. Season 1.5 continued the trend and season 2 should never have happened. Now we know why...they were promised it from the beginning.
Do you think it would have been the "lonestar" of syfy? (Cancelled after only 2 eps? http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/lone-star-canceled-18719/) I think it should have been cancelled that fast since it's premiere did not live up to the hype or even the numbers of sga's premiere. (Rising gathered over 4 million viewers!)

poor poor Mallozzi...he lies and lies never thinking that someone like Engler would unintentionally expose his lie!

Lilith

GateFans Noob
I think they feed Mallozzi or just let him muddle along so that if any fingers get pointed he is perfect to throw under the bus. I think these guy allow him to be the fall guy. It feeds his ego to do his blog but I don't think Brad and others pay any attention to the feedback since they think they are the be all end all when it comes to writing good drama that keeps us on the edge of our seats. (Sarcastically winking)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Loretta & the bus

I think they feed Loretta or just let him muddle along so that if any fingers get pointed he is perfect to throw under the bus. I think these guy allow him to be the fall guy. It feeds his ego to do his blog but I don't think his girlfiends aka Brad and others pay any attention to the feedback since they think they are the be all end all when it comes to writing good drama that keeps us on the edge of our seats. (Sarcastically winking)

LMAO so you see him as a fall guy? (loved lee Majors in that btw...but then again I always loved Lee Majors...:D) Yeah he really comes across as more pretentious than an big intellect. ;) I think of this smilie whenever I think of Mallozzi>>>
brownnoser.gif
and most people can't get past the shit on the nose to really like the guy! :D

SparklyPinkUnicorn

GateFans Member

I've often pondered -- as unicorns are wont to do -- how SGU could have gotten a big, shiny green light for a second season? Financial promises for two seasons of a TV show, without any sort of beta testing, are rare creatures indeed, almost as rare as us unicorns. Someone sure must have sucked a lot of lollipops in that pitch meeting with MGM to land that kind of financial promise. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LMFAO!!!!!!!!

I've often pondered -- as unicorns are wont to do -- how SGU could have gotten a big, shiny green light for a second season? Financial promises for two seasons of a TV show, without any sort of beta testing, are rare creatures indeed, almost as rare as us unicorns. Someone sure must have sucked a lot of lollipops in that pitch meeting with MGM to land that kind of financial promise. ;)

Hahahahaha! OMG...my sides are hurting!!!!!!

SparklyPinkUnicorn

GateFans Member
Hahahahaha! OMG...my sides are hurting!!!!!!

I'm sure they're not hurting as much as the sphincter of the guy who signed off on the financial backing for SGU. ;)

I love how Joe Mallozzi (who was an executive producer for SGU and who would have known exactly what the financial situation was for the show he was producing) has been exposed as the joke that many have thought him to be.

Randonmness writes: “Did anyone else see this? http://twitter.com/Syfy/status/36112527372845056 Basically Syfy saying if they had the choice, Stargate Universe wouldn’t be a Stargate show.”

Answer: Not sure that was the intention of the response but, if it was, then that’s complete and utter bullshit. When Brad and Robert pitched SyFy the idea for Stargate: Universe, the network was VERY excited about the prospect of taking the Stargate brand in a new direction – specifically, a darker and more dramatic direction. It’s not as if Brad and Robert shoved the show down their throats. In fact, quite the opposite. SyFy HEAVILY courted them and made it clear that SGU was the type of show they wanted on their network.

As a unicorn who has done time in prison I have heard a lot of lies and I can spot one from a mile away. This one is so obvious that one doesn't need a seeing eye dog to spot it. It makes my rainbow heart sad when I see such pathetic reaching for an excuse as this crapola from JM. There's no way SyFy knew they were getting what became SGU, they thought they were getting STARGATE. Certainly the SyFy execs at that time would have been excited about a third home run but that excitement would have been predicated on the belief that the new Stargate show was to be another Stargate show replete with canon and likable characters worthy of empathizing with and caring about. We all know how that turned out now don't we?

The SyFy execs weren't the only ones that were fooled at the start, us Stargate fans were also. And any talk about how people were salivating for a "darker" and "grittier" Stargate product is just more crap! The SyFy execs didn't give a hard bubblegum turd about the tone of the show and weren't lobbying for a more noir atmosphere, they were thinking about the money, honey, and nothing else. I love how JM paints the SyFy execs as ravenous gluttons who wouldn't take no for an answer to their demand for a more "dark and gritty" Stargate show, like they'd even know WTF that meant. LOL!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And just remember, those exces who foolishly gave the show a 2 year advance committment are no longer with SyFy. Decisions like that are part of why SyFy has new leadership.

Will

GateFans Noob
For the most part those first 10 episodes held up pretty well though. The only one that was really a red flag was episode 10 and for all Syfy knew it could have been an anomaly. I think it would have taken a lot more than that for Syfy to drop a flagship show they'd invested a lot of money in advertising (that more being the Season 1.5 and 2.0 drops and averages). Just my opinion on it anyway.

I think they were expecting considerably better ratings than they got. We know that SGU was pitched on the premise that it would attract considerably more viewers than Atlantis did (and comments by cast and crew suggest that they predicted in the region of 3 million viewers). Look at the ratings graph - the pilot started off well (i.e. the Atlantis fanbase tuning in to see what SGU was like) and it showed a steady plummet thereafter. The only rise came after "Time" and in my opinion that was because that episode actually resembled sci-fi and posed as a two part episode.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
It's true there was a noticeable fall but I just wonder if it was large enough for Syfy to give up on the whole effort. That's a lot of money to invest only to give up after 10 episodes.

My guess looking at the comments made by Syfy and Joe is that the show met a pre-determined average to be renewed. The whole 2 season deal thing meant Syfy couldn't opt out based on trends because the average met the requirements of the contract.