Magician Trilogy and Empire Trilogy

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So, I have been re-reading the Magician trilogy and the Empire trilogy by Raymond Feist (and Janny Wurts for empire) and I find myself wondering, why have these series -not- been picked up for TV or Movie adaption?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Never read either of them. What are they about?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
me too :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Never read them?

Ummm...............
Too much going on to put in a brief synopsis.
I am not even sure where to begin.
Just, read them DAMMIT!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://www.crydee.com/raymond-feist/book-synopsis/magician

Does not do the book justice, but it gives you -some- idea into one of the plotlines.

From your link:

At Crydee, a frontier outpost in the tranquil Kingdom of the Isles, an orphan boy, Pug, is apprenticed to a master magician - and the destinies of two worlds are changed forever. Suddenly the peace of the Kingdom is destroyed as mysterious alien invaders swarm through the land. Pug is swept up into conflict but for him and his warrior friend, Tomas, an Odyssey into the unknown has only just begun. Pug's destiny is to lead him through a rift in the fabric of space and time to the mastery of the unimaginable powers of a strange new magic ...

Sounds interesting!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
From your link:

Sounds interesting!
Might not be your bag as it is very much high fantasy with the "waves hands, magic happens" stuff that is in it, but when the magicians are not around, you might like it. In fact, I would say you would prefer the Empire trilogy more as it is far more low magic and high on the political machinations.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Might not be your bag as it is very much high fantasy with the "waves hands, magic happens" stuff that is in it, but when the magicians are not around, you might like it. In fact, I would say you would prefer the Empire trilogy more as it is far more low magic and high on the political machinations.

I dont hate magic! :) I just dont like it in my science fiction. This one seems a bit different. Magicians and aliens? Intersting! And that was my comment. I know what it is and I am still interested. It isnt like we are not seeimg magical stuff in almost EVERY "scifi" show made since the end of Stargate and Star Trek on TV. Sense8 and Humans are the real thing, but one is British and the other one is Netflix.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I dont hate magic! :) I just dont like it in my science fiction. This one seems a bit different. Magicians and aliens? Intersting! And that was my comment. I know what it is and I am still interested. It isnt like we are not seeimg magical stuff in almost EVERY "scifi" show made since the end of Stargate and Star Trek on TV. Sense8 and Humans are the real thing, but one is British and the other one is Netflix.
Alien in terms that they come from another planet, they are still human :)