Low Carb Eating...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I found that when I was going full-blown Atkins, I stopped eating so much, and wasn't hungry in between meals.

While some think low-carbing is an excuse to eat everything you want, as long as it's low carb, they're wrong. When you get right down to it, it's really not a gorge-fest.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I've been eating that way for years. Vegetables are a necessary part of a diet, required for various nutrients and fiber. My typical diet is high fat, high protein, low carb. Fiber is not soluble and passes through your body unabsorbed, which I get from vegetables.

Simple carbs affect your blood sugar levels almost immediately whereas complex carbs digest more slowly.

Any diet can make you fat in excess of your needs. Your diet may consist of nothing but steak all day and nothing else. In sufficiently high quantities, your body will begin storing the excess calories. Combined with a good exercise program, however, this is mitigated.

See my avatar. :)

Yours is the best kind of advertising. :) Living proof of a method/product/ideology is the best. You must do the real life equivalent of that little yellow smilie when people start rattling off about low fat diets and scams like acai cleanse and weight watchers. I sure do. I would never try and discount anything you say about bodybuilding because you are proof of your methods. You and I have locked horns about milk and also carbs (like bananas and other carbs before workouts). At the time I was deep in my Atkins and did not get it. Now, I have a 5 years of Atkins under my belt (and lots more nutritional information) and I see that Atkins is not the whole story. I understand the carb loading before working out. I also know a lot more about metabolism than I did then.

You are "proof in the pudding". :)

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I found that when I was going full-blown Atkins, I stopped eating so much, and wasn't hungry in between meals.

While some think low-carbing is an excuse to eat everything you want, as long as it's low carb, they're wrong. When you get right down to it, it's really not a gorge-fest.

Proteins are self-limiting. People do not gorge on proteins because the body does not want them to. Once enough proteins have been consumed, the hunger switch turns off. My achilles heel was cheese. :) If you recall, I was whining about being stalled when I was posting at SGUS about it. I found the first thread I made about it here:

http://www.gatefans.net/gforums/threads/overmind-ones-fitness-thread-getting-fit-at-any-age.23128/

That was FIVE YEARS ago. :) Cheese is low carb, but if you eat a pound of it in two days, probably not good. :biggrin:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Avoid this:

mp.png

WTF???? This entire program is a scam. I have scoured the entire Metabolic Nutrition website, and it is crystal clear that they are just making as much money as possible before they cannot do it anymore. Arent there any watchdog groups in Australia which prevent this sort of thing? NONE of these "certifications" are actual credentials. The programs they are offering (and the DVD, books, materials) are not worth what they are charging. Not even a fraction of it. Real nutritional science is FREE. Exercise is FREE. Choosing your diet based upon sound nutritional science is FREE. I feel really bad for anyone who is paying these people. :(

Look at how they are marketing it: Buy NOW! Only limited quantities left! Spend "only" $399 instead of the regular $599.00 if you act NOW! Purchase certifications ONLINE????? :facepalm:. Dr Oz is not even this bad. These charlatans are raking in some SERIOUS cash! No different in marketing than this:

197.jpg

You cannot buy weight loss or health. You can only arrive at it by doing the actual work, and that includes nutritional research.

Last edited:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The ACCC is the people to ask for that kind of stuff.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wait...its MORE! It is a multi-level pyramid scheme! These "certifications" allow the person with it to act as an agent for MP and sell the services to new "clients" who can then collect the fee and keep some of it. The client is purchasing the program (because there is no other option, you cannot buy just the materials). It is a classic pyramid scheme. Here are websites of those who have been certified, trying to sell the program to others:

More of them:

http://www.physique-essentials.com/why-mp-level-4
http://www.bodytransformations.net/#!about1/c1zft
http://www.foodandphysique.com/our-trainers/callum-perera

:facepalm:

Anyone familiar with multi-level marketing will recognize this right away. Herbalife, Zeek Rewards, Amway, Tupperware, Mary Kay, all are structured like this. And it is only in Australia. This type of business is illegal in the US.

Last edited:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Well, they do get to loose some weight off thier bank balance :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, they do get to loose some weight off thier bank balance :)

I feel bad for heisenberg. :( He is such a nice guy, and he obviously really wants to get healthy. I wish he had done more research. Nothing at MP is cheap.

Last edited:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Proteins are self-limiting. People do not gorge on proteins because the body does not want them to. Once enough proteins have been consumed, the hunger switch turns off. My achilles heel was cheese. :) If you recall, I was whining about being stalled when I was posting at SGUS about it. I found the first thread I made about it here:

http://www.gatefans.net/gforums/threads/overmind-ones-fitness-thread-getting-fit-at-any-age.23128/

That was FIVE YEARS ago. :) Cheese is low carb, but if you eat a pound of it in two days, probably not good. :biggrin:
But...but...but...CHEESE!

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Interesting article on artificial sweeteners:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/health/artificial-sweeteners-soda/

The FDA recommends ingesting no more than 50 milligrams of aspartame per kilogram of body weight every day. That amounts to 22 cans of diet soda for a 175-pound man, and 15 cans for a 120-pound woman. If you're putting two packets of artificial sugar into coffee, that would be about 116 cups of coffee for the man in this example, and 79 cups for the woman.

"I really think that if you are consuming five or six cans a day, you may have more problems from consuming too much caffeine or acid than from the sweeteners," Walters said.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The sad thing is I suspect there are people in our society who actually reach those "soda thresholds" on a daily basis. :moody:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
The sad thing is I suspect there are people in our society who actually reach those "soda thresholds" on a daily basis. :moody:

I cannot even begin to imagine what drinking 2 gallons of diet soda a day must feel like. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I cannot even begin to imagine what drinking 2 gallons of diet soda a day must feel like. :icon_lol:

a GALLON of soda. That just makes me shake my head.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Every now and then I hear of someone who drinks ungodly amounts of soda a day. They usually claim it's their version of "coffee". :rolleye0014:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Every now and then I hear of someone who drinks ungodly amounts of soda a day. They usually claim it's their version of "coffee". :rolleye0014:

Do you know anybody who drinks a GALLON of coffee in a day? I drink a gallon and a half of water per day (about 5 liters). That is a lot of water. If it were anything other than water, I would not be able to do it. I know people who drink a soda whenever they are thirsty.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Do you know anybody who drinks a GALLON of coffee in a day? I drink a gallon and a half of water per day (about 5 liters). That is a lot of water. If it were anything other than water, I would not be able to do it. I know people who drink a soda whenever they are thirsty.

Do you ever notice it at work? The way people drink tons of coffee or soda, anything but water? It's like people justify that since they are working they "deserve" that bottomless soda. :rolleye0014:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Do you ever notice it at work? The way people drink tons of coffee or soda, anything but water? It's like people justify that since they are working they "deserve" that bottomless soda. :rolleye0014:

TBH, companies make it easier to get sodas and candy than water or healthy snacks. Every office I have worked for provides free coffee, sodas and candy. But for nuts and anything remotely healthy, you have to hit the vending machine or take a break and go downstairs to the little shop and hope they have something. :anim_59:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I'm doing low carb, not no carb, to keep type II diabetes away!