Lost Girl Season Two General Discussion

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Season two of this series seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle here.

I really enjoyed tonight's episode Death didn't become him. Bo had an awakening moment that totally rocked. :beckettu:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I loved the who second season. It brought some resolution to some stuff, and some sadness to other bits.

But overall, I still really enjoy the show. However, this doesn't mean that I'll be watching season three (when it gets here) on SyFy. ;)

SciphonicStranger

I liked that they addressed Bo's past in tonight's episode. The ultimate fighting part was sorta "meh" though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I liked that they addressed Bo's past in tonight's episode. The ultimate fighting part was sorta "meh" though.

I really want to watch this show, but every time I see the title I avoid it. But everybody I know who watches it says its a good show so I think I should give it a shot. The name of the show gives no clue on the premise. But I hear good things about it!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I hear there is a Lost Girl panel at ComicCon this year (on Saturday), so I will try to attend that.

SciphonicStranger

I thought Bo was a little infantile towards the end of Masks. Even if she is alone she has a "family" now and should have been more appreciative of that.
It looks like we get two episodes next week when they move it to Friday on SyFy. :smiley_joy:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
One wonders if SyFy will pick up Lost Girl after this run. Ratings have been pretty anemic (under 1 million and a 0.4 demo). They have cancelled both scripted and reality shows with rather higher ratings. Probably depends on the licensing fee the canadian network is charging.

SciphonicStranger

One wonders if SyFy will pick up Lost Girl after this run. Ratings have been pretty anemic (under 1 million and a 0.4 demo). They have cancelled both scripted and reality shows with rather higher ratings. Probably depends on the licensing fee the canadian network is charging.

It has to be cheaper than funding their own shows. I didn't realize that the US ratings had dipped that much. :(

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
As long as Canada is still making the thing, I'll continue to watch it. It DID get a Season 3 pickup there, after all.

At this point, I don't have a lot of love for SyFy. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
It's made pretty well for a cable show. There have been some really cheap scenes in a few of the episodes but over all they do a good job of producing a quality show worth watching. Amazingly the whole "best friend" thing with Kenzi hasn't gotten tiresome yet despite her being a non-stop wise cracker.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
It's made pretty well for a cable show. There have been some really cheap scenes in a few of the episodes but over all they do a good job of producing a quality show worth watching. Amazingly the whole "best friend" thing with Kenzi hasn't gotten tiresome yet despite her being a non-stop wise cracker.
I think that Bo's previous lack of family and connection has been a big part of her acceptance of Kenzi and further acceptance of Kenzi's often pain in the ass attitude/actions.

When you've been alone for a long time, it's hard not to just be blind to another person's shortcomings when you're desperate for a sense of connection and belonging.