Lost Civilizations and human pre- history

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
What is "BP" dude?
I know BC/AD and BCE and CE, but not "BP"

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
yes, we've already "debunked" that as well by stating at the thread's inception that the whole "ancient alien" issue is silliness perhaps used to "shut down" serious discussion. Danikken is a failed Restaranteur and Hospitalier. His 'flunky', Giorgio A.Tsoukalos has a degree in Sports Management. they both make a great pair of 'patsys'

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
yes, we've already "debunked" that as well by stating at the thread's inception that the whole "ancient alien" issue is silliness perhaps used to "shut down" serious discussion. Danikken is a failed Restaranteur and Hospitalier. His 'flunky', Giorgio A.Tsoukalos has a degree in Sports Management. they both make a great pair of 'patsys'
Huh??
What are you talking about here dude?

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I think I just entered a fiery pit.

There is an extra 2 cents in my pocket so I will gladly spend it. That 64,000 year quote comes straight from Edgar Cayce followers who have vigorously defended that number.

After forty years I may not of said this correctly, but Edgar Cayce suggested that the remnants from the Atlantean empire hid away their papers inside one of the paws of the Sphinx. Some experts suggest that this Sphinx we know and love is at least 10,000 to12,000 years old.

I will do a follow-up sometime during the week.:cameron21:

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
QUESTION: When Mankind has stored all of his books on digital media and when most every advanced device is made of plastics and tiny chips, how much of that would last even 1000 years if thrown into a pit and covered up? Even steel and glass would degrade and finally be indistinguishable from sand and rubble.

I like this question. I think certain materials have certain effects that would indicate discrepancies from the norm. Like if you had some chip in sand, and some scientist in the future happened upon that sand, then he'd go about his usual testing. Then he'd find some discrepancy from the norm, the norm being how normal sand is and this one which contained some decayed extra materials. Then there are different forms of uh natural preservation. I mean Pompeii is an extreme example but there are others. Plus certain durable materials have very long half-lifes. So there's that plus satellite junk just floating in space and the stuff on the moon. The flag is pretty glaring and is one of those things where you 'one of these things is not like the other'. I mean, barring extreme conditions in the future that completely chemically breaks down materials and uniformly distributes it through surrounding materials, there will be those discrepancies that might indicate previous civilizations. Our own knowledge of our own history reflects that.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Lieberry o' Alex&Andrea??? Hells, we aw-red-ee been to Mars, bitches! :tealc-gun02:

mars_face.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think I just entered a fiery pit.

There is an extra 2 cents in my pocket so I will gladly spend it. That 64,000 year quote comes straight from Edgar Cayce followers who have vigorously defended that number.

After forty years I may not of said this correctly, but Edgar Cayce suggested that the remnants from the Atlantean empire hid away their papers inside one of the paws of the Sphinx. Some experts suggest that this Sphinx we know and love is at least 10,000 to12,000 years old.

I will do a follow-up sometime during the week.:cameron21:

I have been reading that as well, which puts the timelines for the entire civilization of all of Egypt (upper and lower) smack in the middle of the last ice age. THAT makes more sense geologically than the current 4,500 BC dates

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I like this question. I think certain materials have certain effects that would indicate discrepancies from the norm. Like if you had some chip in sand, and some scientist in the future happened upon that sand, then he'd go about his usual testing. Then he'd find some discrepancy from the norm, the norm being how normal sand is and this one which contained some decayed extra materials. Then there are different forms of uh natural preservation. I mean Pompeii is an extreme example but there are others. Plus certain durable materials have very long half-lifes. So there's that plus satellite junk just floating in space and the stuff on the moon. The flag is pretty glaring and is one of those things where you 'one of these things is not like the other'. I mean, barring extreme conditions in the future that completely chemically breaks down materials and uniformly distributes it through surrounding materials, there will be those discrepancies that might indicate previous civilizations. Our own knowledge of our own history reflects that.

do you know how much unidentified 'stuff' found at dig sites there is? laying uncataloged and unknown in museum backrooms and research labs? Flip it, and how much of our gadgets would some future archaelogist be able to identify? (that assumes a "fall" of our current culture)

and to "world travel" of ancients. in the same future--if what we know about our current world is 'lost', and we get an archaeologist digging in Australia and it has already been established that 'english' was the written form of communication in England (but not found anywhere else yet) and the guy at the Aussie dig finds written materrial-enters into a journal that he posits those ppl who lived in england traveled to australia. given that the future science community knows little about "us" they would call this man a lunatic as Australia is on the other side of the world= "We have no evidence to support the claim that 21st century man had the capability to travel such distance..."

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
here's another. The Celts of course are mainly known for their european habitation; France, Wales, Ireland and Scotland come to mind. However many scientists of various disciplines now believe--once again thanks to DNA among other reason--that the Celts were originally a central Asian race of mixed peoples to include Aryans (Indo-aryans, persians, scythians, avars, medes),they were of two type 1- a short and squat type of 'asiatic' people with dark hair and 'brown (ie: Mediterranean)' and a tall, fair haired--blond, red, auburn-, blue and green eyed (a trait that did not occur until around 10,000 BC) as well as brown eyed, people.
http://www.hinduwebsite.com/general/essays/celtic.asp

The reason i put this in is because the Celts are also felt to be a 'catalyst' people. Of all the great westward migrations from Asia towards Europe (post neolithic) the Celts so far, seem to be the first. In doing so they may be responsible for the Indo-Aryan displacement south into todays A-stan, Pakistan and north India-where they are believed to have 'wiped out' the Indus valley cities of Mohenjo Daro and Harrappa and the advanced civilization there. They are also thought to be the 'northern invaders' who descended thru the Caucasus Mtns and rained destruction on Mesopotamia. they may also be responsible for the inception of the Hittite Kingdom of Asia Minor. The ancient Mycenaean greeks were displaced/destroyed around 2100 BC. These people were the greeks of Greek Mythology-conquerors of Troy. founders of Athens, old Sparta and had strong ties with Crete and Egypt. These greeks were invaded by the Dorians-a tribe whose origins are not clear and may have been caused to move south due to Celtic incursions.

The original Italic peoples and possibly the Latins have been shown to have strong linguistic ties with the Celts of the 'southern band'.

They also, in all likelihood, moved east towards China as well. Approx 20 yrs ago mummies were found in the Tarim Basin of far western China/Tibet/Xinjiang. They are not mummies by design but thru default in the arid climate. These mummies are tall, fair complexioned and many have red hair. In addition, the cloth of their attire is a complicated woven one that strongly resembles the pattern of the Scottish tartan design (Kilts). It is quite possible that this smaller eastward movement and subsequent inter-mingling with those of oriental type is responsible for the creation of the original Turkic peoples (a multi varied and diverse group that once comprised peoples of fair skin (the "white huns" are an example) to persons of stereotypical Mongol appearance.

the mummy video(there are many more on the YT suggestions sidebar):

now an unanswered question is what caused them to move to begin with? War, ecological reasons, religious reasons?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
On the irradiated skeletons and other ruins at Mohenjo- Daro and Harrappa, any of you sci-tech ppl know of any 'natural' ways this could have occurred?

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
On the irradiated skeletons and other ruins at Mohenjo- Daro and Harrappa, any of you sci-tech ppl know of any 'natural' ways this could have occurred?

Natural radioactivity or naturally forming fission in geological features (Gabon).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_nuclear_fission_reactor

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com...ral-fission-reactors-in-gabon-western-africa/
--- merged: Nov 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM ---
What is "BP" dude?
I know BC/AD and BCE and CE, but not "BP"

You are supposed to use BCE and CE around Jews, but say Christian Era and Before Christian Era when they are not looking. :-o

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
"Natural radioactivity or naturally forming fission in geological features (Gabon).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_nuclear_fission_reactor

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com...ral-fission-reactors-in-gabon-western-africa/"

got it, but that is in one location, the "event" at M-D and Harappa happened fairly simultaneously and the two sites are 400 miles apart

I am not going to spec on it any more lest I be called an Ancient Alien enthusiast :anim_59:

Are there no other 'natural' reasons?

Do you not know how to quote posts?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Do you not know how to quote posts?
other then placing quotation marks after hitting the 'reply' button? no

but then my self admitted stupidity on all this 'highfalutin' tech is littered all throughout my posts
Do share please

:)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I like this answer. And I believe that we have EXACTLY those type of remnants already and are not knowing what to make of them. Why carve an entire skull out of quartz crystal and not (possibly) have encoded it with information? The notion of such technology existing back then is rejected by science, so the serious study of them is never done. The use of stone for technology make perfect sense, because the only material which remains the longest on this planet IS stone. A TV made with stone-based technology would last thousands of years, if it could be done. Or a computer. :)