Latest Rice VC's book- Blood Communion. Is she going to space?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So, it isn't out till Oct. but from the way things have been going in the last few books like the vamps finding that their "origin" is in some super duper pooper goo that aliens used to help prehistory man build stuff--like Atlantis

now they have been found by members of this race, long sleeping on earth

so the world is getting 'smaller' for them

from this and the description "Lestat, now the leader of the vampires must find a place for them in the universe..."

are they going to go to space?

A type of soft cross into sci fi? I mean, immortals would make the ultimate space explorers

*** memories of BOAT OF A MILLION YEARS***

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/579735/blood-communion-by-anne-rice/9781524732646/

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I gave up on Anne Rice pretty much around the time I gave up on Stephen King years ago. They both have become absurd. Seriously, I tried to read a newer King book just last week and couldn't get into it so I gave it away. The writing is just so blah.

i kind of agree with you on the Rice stuff and totally agree with you on the King stuff

my guess is King has a secret stash of 8th graders locked in a bunker writing stuff for him...

I think Rice got bogged down a bit --maybe family issues?- or just was running a bit dry or a little too stretched with all of the stuff shew as writing

The whole series of the MAYFAIR witches and the connecting MERRICK (where a witch becomes a vamp hence Lestat and the others) was really poor quality compared to who writing of say the first 3 or 4 VC's books.

The last 2, though she is definitely a the beginning of the end of the tale, and then this next are both a continuation of the VC stories with flashbacks, etc and a bit of a genre crosser, potentially, with this new one. She already brought the vamps into a bit of sci fi by the introduction of the 'magical (actual an alien building material)' stuff that makes them.

But, of course I'll read it, then sell it back....

--------------
still hoping the re-acquisition of her movie rights by her and her son does lead to a well made movie or Amz series. both have been discussed and supposedly in some type of early pre production. the movies NEVER did any justice to any of the books. INTERVIEW was liked because it had two bright shiny object in it (Cruise and Pitt). the story told varied quite a bit from the book

-----------------
ad just like nuBSG got us this, still ongoing rash of bad,copycat sci fi, her books have given us so much of this teeny bopper, sparkling vampire crap as well

sometimes i wonder if the ppl who wrote TWILIGHT, etc ever read Rice's books or just the dust cover of them.