LAST SHIP S3

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It just feels a lot better executed than Jericho or NuBSG. As to military items, they have the glitch here and there (like the notion that Chandler would be allowed to refuse the promotion to Admiral when he became CNO) but overall they do listen to their military advisors.

As I said in another thread, this is a chameleon show. It started out Sci-fi, went to action and now is geopolitics. That is how it has managed to stretch the initial premise into three (now four with the renewal) seasons.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Interesting episode.

Just like last season where they had two main stories running in parallel they wrapped one up this week while ratcheting up the other one.

The Peng story is complete, with him dead and his henchmen eliminated. Nathan James is heading for the US except....there isn't a US to head to any longer courtesy of a coup the regional leaders carried out. Good writing and good acting (Elisabeth Rohm is pretty good as the villain here). If they follow their pattern from last season of not ending seasons on cliffhangers, the coup will be resolved in the next two episodes and we will see how they set up Season Four.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Joelist you are convincing me to binge watch seasons 2 and 3! but I need to finish season 5 of OUAT (just arrived!)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Once Upon A Time :shep_lol::shep_lol::jackanime14:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Interesting episode.

Just like last season where they had two main stories running in parallel they wrapped one up this week while ratcheting up the other one.

The Peng story is complete, with him dead and his henchmen eliminated. Nathan James is heading for the US except....there isn't a US to head to any longer courtesy of a coup the regional leaders carried out. Good writing and good acting (Elisabeth Rohm is pretty good as the villain here). If they follow their pattern from last season of not ending seasons on cliffhangers, the coup will be resolved in the next two episodes and we will see how they set up Season Four.
So, I stopped watching this show a while back too. Did they do another outbreak in the show to stretch it out? I watched the trailers.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I noted upthread how the show has managed its longevity - it is effectively reinventing itself every season. Season One was the post-apocalyptic sci-fi show; season two the action thriller with some geopolitical overtones and season three has been much more geopolitical - sort of 24 meets West Wing. It's a clever way to keep things fresh.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The last two episodes of the season were strong, and set up the next season to some extent. Like last season the primary story is wrapped up, but they had Chandler leave as everything he has been through since the start of the show caught up to him. I expect he will be back but probably after a couple of episodes next season. They had a small bit (one scene) hinting at a ship but it did not culminate as such.

The show now has been renewed for both a Season Four and a Season Five. It looks like TNT has followed the trend started by USA Network of renewing shows for two seasons (USA did it last year with Suits) in order to give the lineup stability.