Kevin Trudeau sentenced to 10 years in federal prison for bilking customers

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I'm sure many of you will remember TV pitchman Kevin Trudeau from his infamous late night infomercials.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/1...ed-to-10-years-in-federal-prison-for-bilking/

"Addressing the judge earlier in a 10-minute statement, Trudeau apologized and said he's become a changed man. He said he's meditated, prayed and read self-help books while locked up at Chicago's Metropolitan Correctional Center."

I wonder if he wrote the self-help books he claims to have read during lock that have changed him.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm sure many of you will remember TV pitchman Kevin Trudeau from his infamous late night infomercials.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/1...ed-to-10-years-in-federal-prison-for-bilking/

"Addressing the judge earlier in a 10-minute statement, Trudeau apologized and said he's become a changed man. He said he's meditated, prayed and read self-help books while locked up at Chicago's Metropolitan Correctional Center."

I wonder if he wrote the self-help books he claims to have read during lock that have changed him.

JUSTICE. A man with that sort of background in this knows nothing else. Irredeemable.

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
roflbot.jpg

Red Mage

Boney

Yeah right. He's only sorry that the BS books he's been peddling and scamming people with for years and his arrogance that he could continue to get away with it has finally caught up with him.

10 years from now, this guy will probably try to write "spiritual awakening" books about his epiphany in prison to try and get and rip off people once again: Prayer and Mediation Secrets "THEY" Don't Want to Know About.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

His "infomercials" on "lost money" etc, were still on as recently as 3-4 wks ago-they were 'newer' in that they were not for books that may have been involved in his "issues". Saw them, on I believe USA and one of the home improvement channels

Maybe he can share a cell with the "girls gone wild" guy--the two can conspire on the next big thing

Will his imprisonment bring an end to these ads I wonder?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
"Another defense attorney, Carolyn Gurland, added that Trudeau's legal troubles had already cost him his businesses and his home, and nearly all his other worldly possessions.

"He has a suitcase containing his personal artifacts. That's what he has left," she said.
"

She should have said 'that's what we have left him'. Funny hearing lawyers complaining for their client's "poverty" when they are the one charging $100 to copy a piece of paper

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Why send this guy to prison ? Just give him a job in the government ! He already knows how to screw people out of there hard earned dollars ! He'll fit right in with a government position :-) :-) :-) and save the taxpayers money by not having to pay for his time in prison :-) :-) :-)
Either way everyone looses because of scumbags like this man and people in the government that have no idea what it's like not knowing where your next meal will be or come from .

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Why send this guy to prison ? Just give him a job in the government ! He already knows how to screw people out of there hard earned dollars ! He'll fit right in with a government position :-) :-) :-) and save the taxpayers money by not having to pay for his time in prison :-) :-) :-)
Either way everyone looses because of scumbags like this man and people in the government that have no idea what it's like not knowing where your next meal will be or come from .

Watch-A guy like this knows how to work the system, He'll probably come out of prison with a J.D. in the Law (master's level lawyer) at the expense of the tax payer--and he'll get free health care.

If his other "books" are still being sold, and he set up his affairs correctly, just think of the money pot he'll have when he is done.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
And he will become a lawyer and really fit in with society ,,, well a part of society that has rats and lizards running the schools teaching these guys how to be rats and lizards and still be able to shake your hand and smile after they have screwed you over so hard that you'll not even be able to sit on a super soft cushion . Trust me . I have first hand experience with lawyers who are just there for the money and you are just a big walking dollar sign that strolls into there office looking for help ,,, . How sad society is . To pray on the week and sick . Oh wait a sec ,,, that's nature , but you would think humans who are sentient would have a heart,empathy, feelings :( :( :(