Jurassic World

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm all for another Jurassic Park movie but admittedly this line gave me serious pause:

"There are also two kid characters running around, played by Ty Simpkins and Nick Robinson."

Oh great, just what we need, more smart ass kids that save the day. :facepalm:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
"This is a UNIX system... I know this!"

I still laugh every time I see that scene. :) Within minutes, she is using the UNIX system to unlock doors and disable security protocols...where was she when the Hammond was departing for Icarus Base? :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm all for another Jurassic Park movie but admittedly this line gave me serious pause:

"There are also two kid characters running around, played by Ty Simpkins and Nick Robinson."

Oh great, just what we need, more smart ass kids that save the day. :facepalm:

Was this movie franchise ever supposed to appeal to adults? :) Cmon, everybody knows you gotta have two kids in every Jurassic Park movie. Without them, you cant come out with the deus ex machina of a kid's GameBoy batteries being used to power the broken radio transmitter they need to be rescued, or the tidbit of information about T-Rex behavior that allows them to distract the dinosaur with flowers that smell like T-Rex pheromones of a female, etc....I think they played this franchise out for the most part. Dinosaurs are not like kaiju. You can take them out pretty easily with moderately powerful weapons since they are only reptiles. Big ones, but nonetheless...

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think I've had enough of Jurassic Park films. The first one was nice but they got progressively worse.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think I've had enough of Jurassic Park films. The first one was nice but they got progressively worse.

It became Jurassic Cash Cow after Jurassic Park II

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I'm for this movie as long as they don't cast Marky Mark and his funky smelling bunch to replace the original characters. He's starting to appear in too many movies.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm for this movie as long as they don't cast Marky Mark and his funky smelling bunch to replace the original characters. He's starting to appear in too many movies.

I couldn't agree more! This turd is showing up in a movie a month it seems, and they're all bad ones too! Fingers crossed he gets a colon blockage in the near future. :encouragement: