Joe Flanigan, SGA and movies

julie1927

GateFans Noob
I am still pulling for SG movies, especially SGA. I am one of the fans that want a Sheppard/Todd pairing. I also saw FEROCIOUS PLANET and it was great and Joe Flanigan as usual was fantastic.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I am still pulling for SG movies, especially SGA. I am one of the fans that want a Sheppard/Todd pairing. I also saw FEROCIOUS PLANET and it was great and Joe Flanigan as usual was fantastic.

Hello :). I am sorry but that's never going to happen :(. Well for starters, Brad wright just announced the idea of a SGA movie has been pulled shelved indefinitely.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/04/wright-sgu-continuation-other-movies-dead-for-now/

Also, brad wright in the stargate con said if a movie was to be made it would have been a blend of all 3.

Yes, he was the old Sheppard in Ferocious planet.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
If stargate was to ever come back on air(a high possibility in the future). It will most likely be something completely new or a complete reboot of the series.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Brad Wright does not make decisions regarding Stargate.

Hello :). I am sorry but that's never going to happen :(. Well for starters, Brad wright just announced the idea of a SGA movie has been pulled shelved indefinitely.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/04/wright-sgu-continuation-other-movies-dead-for-now/

Also, brad wright in the stargate con said if a movie was to be made it would have been a blend of all 3.

Brad Wright will say things like that because they are true...for HIS Stargate. That would mean HIS idea of Atlantis, HIS idea of SG-1 and HIS vision of Stargate overall. Brad Wright is not Stargate and so I dismiss everything he says about its future out of hand because its only over for HIM. :) There can be a new Atlantis based on Brad's Atlantis, without Brad being involved in any way. Having said that, I agree that we wont be seeing any Atlantis or SG-1 movies, and if we do at some time in the future, it is likely to be very different from what we knew.

If stargate was to ever come back on air(a high possibility in the future). It will most likely be something completely new or a complete reboot of the series.

Agreed. It wont be Brad Wright's vision, but it will still be Stargate. Im certain that any new showrunners will have learned the lesson of keeping true to the core premise of Stargate for success. No more experimental shows like SGU. Star Trek has already came out of the other side of that after the failure of Enterprise.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

:beckettd: Boooo!

Brad Wright will say things like that because they are true...for HIS Stargate. That would mean HIS idea of Atlantis, HIS idea of SG-1 and HIS vision of Stargate overall. Brad Wright is not Stargate and so I dismiss everything he says about its future out of hand because its only over for HIM. :) There can be a new Atlantis based on Brad's Atlantis, without Brad being involved in any way. Having said that, I agree that we wont be seeing any Atlantis or SG-1 movies, and if we do at some time in the future, it is likely to be very different from what we knew.
Excellent points! Wish your post had ended there... :(