shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
First look at Momoa as Aquaman (and I'm not liking it):

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/first-aquaman-jason-momoa-photo-111559822907.html

View attachment 30858

*Long hair, scraggly beard and a ton of tattoos -- not at all what I wanted to see as Aquaman. :beckett_new050:

Don't get me wrong, I think Momoa has the face and body to carry off the classic Aquaman but the styling on this version is totally wrong.

giphy.gif

Aquaman is BLOND. He has short hair and NO tattoos. Why the hell would a man who lives in water have a tattoo? Who would do the work and why? DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Momoa sure can pick em, eh? :facepalm:

Fear-of-failure.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm not understanding this need to move away from the classic description of these superheroes and into something dark and edgy. It's one thing to want to stay away from being cartoonish with costumes but there's no reason to change their looks entirely. Marvel didn't have to do it with their superheroes so why DC feels the need to muck it up is beyond me.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I shudder to think how DC would have handled the Guardians of the Galaxy....

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I shudder to think how DC would have handled the Guardians of the Galaxy....

They just seem to keep dropping the ball. People don't want to see some heavily tattooed homeless man with a trident, they want to see Aquaman. Why can't DC figure this out? :daniel_new004:

*and from the looks of it DC couldn't even get the trident right.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm not understanding this need to move away from the classic description of these superheroes and into something dark and edgy. It's one thing to want to stay away from being cartoonish with costumes but there's no reason to change their looks entirely. Marvel didn't have to do it with their superheroes so why DC feels the need to muck it up is beyond me.

Hey, he would make a great Poseidon though. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Jason Momoa nearly undressed....hmmmm I like! :D

Don't know how much he got paid - but despite his lack of box-office success I doubt he's clipping coupons! :sam56:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
First look at Momoa as Aquaman (and I'm not liking it):

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/first-aquaman-jason-momoa-photo-111559822907.html

View attachment 30858

*Long hair, scraggly beard and a ton of tattoos -- not at all what I wanted to see as Aquaman. :beckett_new050:

Don't get me wrong, I think Momoa has the face and body to carry off the classic Aquaman but the styling on this version is totally wrong.

That image says Neptune more than it says Aquaman to me. Why would a water-breathing human hybrid have tattoss?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
That image says Neptune more than it says Aquaman to me. Why would a water-breathing human hybrid have tattoss?

Probably because the writers are going to have him be some bad ass surfer dude who doesn't know his lineage only to have it thrust upon him or some shit like that. He'll be a wastrel and a dilettante who spends his days at the beach and his nights bedding different women without a care in the world...until he's attacked by an evil villain who knows his secret and then he has to quickly learn responsibility and leadership skills, all in about 90 minutes of screen time. :rolleyes: