It happened...Jack O'Neill is no longer a draw for me.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I really dont know what happened, but seeing Jack on Destiny somehow blew out the candle I had lit for his character. He isnt my Jack anymore. He will never be the same Jack I remember in SG-1

This is MY Jack O'Neill :beckettu:

jack-oneil-stargate-sg1-070315.jpg

This is SGU's Jack O'Neill, and he isnt the same. :(

JACKimages.jpg

I would rather not see Jack in SGU anymore, just my thoughts.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I feel the same way about sgpoo's version of Daniel Jackson...I can't wait to see how they will destroy mckay (always a good thing! ;)) and woolsey!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LOL, Woolsey is already destroyed.

I feel the same way about sgpoo's version of Daniel Jackson...I can't wait to see how they will destroy mckay (always a good thing! ;)) and woolsey!

To me, Woolsey will always be the name that The EMH Doctor from Voyager chose for himself :icon_cool:. But like you, I am waiting to see how they will ruin McKay. Perhaps they will give him some sort of debilitating disease like Alzheimer's or Parkinson's and have him lose his smarts. Or, they will have him do something completely batty like going after TJ while stoned in using Scott's body, or perhaps they will just castrate him like they did Jack and Daniel?

I can never forgive what they did to Daniel Jackson in SGU. They made him paparazzi for the Lucian Alliance??? This, the man who discovered the Stargates, discovered the Pegasus address to Atlantis, who built the San Graal using knowledge received from Merlin, and who ascended and then descended? SACRILEGE. The SGU Daniel is Victoooor from Burn Notice, not MY Daniel. :icon_e_confused:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
To me, Woolsey will always be the name that The EMH Doctor from Voyager chose for himself :icon_cool:. But like you, I am waiting to see how they will ruin McKay. Perhaps they will give him some sort of debilitating disease like Alzheimer's or Parkinson's and have him lose his smarts. Or, they will have him do something completely batty like going after TJ while stoned in using Scott's body, or perhaps they will just castrate him like they did Jack and Daniel?

I can never forgive what they did to Daniel Jackson in SGU. They made him paparazzi for the Lucian Alliance??? This, the man who discovered the Stargates, discovered the Pegasus address to Atlantis, who built the San Graal using knowledge received from Merlin, and who ascended and then descended? SACRILEGE. The SGU Daniel is Victoooor from Burn Notice, not MY Daniel. :icon_e_confused:
While I enjoyed MS's turn on Burn Notice...that was NOT my daniel...it was a different (and yes very well acted) character who had nothing left to lose. what can i say, TPTB are determined to sabotage all of the sg1 and sga characters. :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I watch the two parter where the Promethius gets hikacked earlier and that has the bit where Jack has a moan about not being allowed to call the ship "Enterprise". Classically funny. That is the Jack that I miss.
In the second part Thor had beamed a load of food onto the ship but there was not enough freezer space for all the ice cream so they were pigging out on it and when Jack tried to take a spoonfull from Tealc he pulled the tub away and gave Jack a death stare as if to say "try it and I will castrate you". No words were exchanged but that one look said it all - brilliant acting.
now now piggie, they were "square jawed heros who were cardboard"...according to the squeedrones & PTB.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Out with the new, in with the old

You see that's the beauty of not watching that Universe show. It doesn't wreck your day by turning something you like into shit, which seems to be the whole premise of the show.

I've been watching some SG oldies (after a stretch of X-Files) and some were so good. In fact they're so good 5th time around I can't remember their impact when they were new. That applies to post-Jack SG and Atlantis as well. Valla fills in a lot of the SGA humour that was gone when RDA left. One of the best recurring jokes is Landry's "You're a funny man, Jack".

So if you want to remember RDA as a fat grumpy aging bit player keep watching SGoo. I switch the channel even when a promo comes on. The damn thing's a social disease, not science fiction.

Deity59

GateFans Noob
I really dont know what happened, but seeing Jack on Destiny somehow blew out the candle I had lit for his character. He isnt my Jack anymore. He will never be the same Jack I remember in SG-1

This is MY Jack O'Neill :beckettu:

View attachment 535

This is SGU's Jack O'Neill, and he isnt the same. :(

View attachment 536

I would rather not see Jack in SGU anymore, just my thoughts.

Happened sooner for me. I liked Colonel O'Neill, not so much General O'Neill.

Will

GateFans Noob
The good news is...

The cameos simply don't work. Look at the S1 ratings...every time they brought in a cameo, the ratings dropped!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
BOY did they drop!

The cameos simply don't work. Look at the S1 ratings...every time they brought in a cameo, the ratings dropped!

They dropped FAST too! And this season, we have a game changer...V is coming back in November, not in March of next year. And when fans find out that Jane Badler will be in it...:icon_cool:

The big IF, is whether or not SGU will air at 9:00PM and be head to head with SGU in that slot. I sure hope they are, because that scenario will kill SGU faster than poisoned Kool Aid.

I am sooo not interested in SGA cameos in SGU. Whose ass are they trying to kiss? The old fanbase (combined SG-1 and SGA) are GONE. They must see this by now. Its TOO FUCKING LATE. They already burned the franchise around the edges and it will never be the same.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, why isnt Carlyle drawing in fans?

Yes, why aren't the "first pick" actors working well enough...? :sgusucks:

TPTB thought they had a "hottie" in Chloe and Scott, they thought they had channeled Adama from BSG with Young, and then added in Wray (why?) and Eli as a younger version of a McKay type combined with the fat dude from Lost...what the hell were they thinking? They failed, miserably.

Now, we see desperate cameos from SG-1 and SGA? I thought this show was so grown up and realistic and edgy and gritty and stuff...really? :roll: Why cant Carlyle and this "superior acting" crew stand on their own?

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
... and Eli as a younger version of a McKay type combined with the fat dude from Lost...what the hell were they thinking? They failed, miserably.

The thing is I really liked the fat dude in Lost. His back storey was hilarious. I disliked Eli from the instant the door opened. He strikes me as the sort that hangs in shopping malls with one of those vidcams on his shoe.

Just another reason SGU Sucks. :sgusucks:

geijin

GateFans Noob
As to the start of this thread, Jack lost it for me when he got his star and was still going on missions. He was the commander of the entire SGC. The paper work alone would have kept him from taking a crap on even days, let alone going on adventures with the team. I only remember him in the first couple of episodes of SGPoo before I stopped watching, when he was the boss. They weren't able to ruin him with that, and I don't know what happened afterwards.

As to the whole cameo thing, do you really believe its done as a ratings booster? The first couple times with Jack, maybe. Bring Daniel in? Not even close. Bring McKay and Woolsey in? Sure, and I've got a working StarGate that I kneel before, any time I down two bottles of tequila. I'll sell it to you. The truth is, they were hoping to boost the ratings. It didn't work, so now they are shitting in the pool so no one else can swim, either. They want to ruin as many characters as they can, so that if the show succeeds, they can have free reign with the story, and have no ties to the past. And if it fails, they can say the franchise is dead if the fans wouldn't even tune in to see the main stays. That way they win either way. They get do whatever the hell they want with the show, or blame everyone else when they see the shit floating by.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Not really!

As to the start of this thread, Jack lost it for me when he got his star and was still going on missions. He was the commander of the entire SGC. The paper work alone would have kept him from taking a crap on even days, let alone going on adventures with the team. I only remember him in the first couple of episodes of SGPoo before I stopped watching, when he was the boss. They weren't able to ruin him with that, and I don't know what happened afterwards.

As to the whole cameo thing, do you really believe its done as a ratings booster? The first couple times with Jack, maybe. Bring Daniel in? Not even close. Bring McKay and Woolsey in? Sure, and I've got a working StarGate that I kneel before, any time I down two bottles of tequila. I'll sell it to you. The truth is, they were hoping to boost the ratings. It didn't work, so now they are shitting in the pool so no one else can swim, either. They want to ruin as many characters as they can, so that if the show succeeds, they can have free reign with the story, and have no ties to the past. And if it fails, they can say the franchise is dead if the fans wouldn't even tune in to see the main stays. That way they win either way. They get do whatever the hell they want with the show, or blame everyone else when they see the shit floating by.

Not if the show is CANCELED! :icon_e_wink: Thats whats gonna happen, its not a matter if if, its a matter of WHEN. The ratings trend is downward, towards zero. I see nothing in the summaries and the information currently available for season 2 to make me believe it will suddenly start attracting new viewers. If the show tanks, they will CANCEL it. TPTB cant just do whatever they want...well, they can, but only until the plug is pulled.

1.jpg
pencil.png