Inventions of the future

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm trying to generate ideas for my school project. Thanks

Merged with your original thread, since it is the same topic and you posted it in Entertainment News which it is not.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I'm trying to make a timeline of future inventions from now (2017) to 2050. Every year should have one invention/technology. That's 33 ideas. I would normally do it myself, but I'm looking for fresh creative ideas from other inquisitive minds. You don't have to explain how the invention works. Just the concept. Be creative. Thanks
Hello and welcome to gatefans. Inventions...hmmm I am going to have a think about this one.

Last edited:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Still waiting on a Mr. Fusion & a flying car! :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I saw that! :D of course we will need skylanes and rules of the air. Will FAA be in charge?

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
How about a personal energy pill? It would be a protective shell around a small quantity of anti-matter. You take it, the coating dissolves and the reaction between the matter and anti-matter creates an enormous jolt of energy!

Meth?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

The nice thing about my pill is it cannot lead to addiction - the user disappears in a blaze of pure light shortly after taking it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
just saw an article where spacex has had to cancel a launch with a military payload. not a lot of details given though. wonder if the military cancelled it or some other reason?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I saw that! :D of course we will need skylanes and rules of the air. Will FAA be in charge?

i hope someone will be in charge! i would guess they would need to stay low-with the drones and local helo flights...just a wholly uneducated guess though

<<since I brought them up :) anyone know just how low someone could fly a drone over your property:

1- if law enforcement, how low can they get without a warrant?
2-if a private person/company how low can they get without being considered trespassers on your property?

Just a few questions I have that shows my concern that future laws and regs keep up with future tech

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
i hope someone will be in charge! i would guess they would need to stay low-with the drones and local helo flights...just a wholly uneducated guess though

<<since I brought them up :) anyone know just how low someone could fly a drone over your property:

1- if law enforcement, how low can they get without a warrant?
2-if a private person/company how low can they get without being considered trespassers on your property?

Just a few questions I have that shows my concern that future laws and regs keep up with future tech

In Indiana, if it is less than 40 ft over your home you can shoot it! There has been a spate of window peeping by drones so the state has acted.

edit- sorry my zeros ran away with me. it can be no less than 40 feet.

Last edited: