Inspirational TED talks

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I sort of used to play the piano and can make a decent track if I can find the right key and sound for it and extrapolate from there. Some tracks are harder to decipher and know what is the first key.

Music has been there for me when I have needed it. It's given me the inner strength to keep fighting on and keep searching for answers. I have a musical ear so to speak because I can tell when something sounds off but I still need training. That track I sent you a while back in your PM was made on the fly. I let my imagination take control. One key lead to another and soon within 20 minutes I had that track. Like all great things, they all come by accident. It was completely experimental that I thought sounded nice but it still sounds unfinished though I have had a lot of extremely good responses of how sweet and delicate it sounds. I sort of want to make music like that. Finish product should sound like this

I have other tracks and have attempted to recreate the AOE theme song, Mission Impossible theme song, Simspons theme song, Clubbed to Dead by Rob D from the Matrix and so many that I have lost count. I have made a few originals too that I have just experimented.

I really like that piece in the video! I have already downloaded it and added it to my music collection. :) I also get inspired sometimes, and sit playing. :) When I had a real piano, I could not just play whenever I heard the music in my head. But with an 88-key full sized digital piano with weighted keys, I can put on the headphones and play to my heart's content. Music is MEDICINE, my man!

BINGO! This is where I am in my life. I have extricated myself from most of the machine by doing ALL of those things. I moved, downsized, and got rid of services/things that were demanding my attentions without giving me much in return. And I have spoken here about Buddhism in the past. There is much in the philosophy that can really be life changing when you put it in practice. And first and foremost about Buddhism: It is NOT a religion, it is a philosophy.

Yes, secular Buddhism. The religious versions are filled with nonsensical mysticism that is not mentally healthy for anyone.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Okay, so the topic appears to have very quickly drifted quite a bit, so I figured I'd reboot it by posting a new video. Here's one that I saw a while back and found inspiring. It's something completely different from the previous ones I posted. I realize it's an old video, about 8 years old, but still worth a watch nonetheless. The topic is biomimicry. You may find the first couple of minutes a bit dragging, but stick with it.

It's mostly an introduction into the concept of biomimicry rather than a detailed analysis. But you couldn't possibly fit a field with as vast an area of applications into a short video and go into detail on it. Let me know what you think of this one.