iBoy : REVIEW

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow, what a cool movie! This is a British movie Netflix Original, and the effects are low budget, but the story is great! Here is a trailer:

The story is very engaging, and this thing takes turns and twists but stays FIRMLY in the storyline. At times it makes you laugh, other times, you gasp, but the whole thing comes together as a thoroughly enjoyable movie night movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3171832/fullcredits/

Tom is our protagonist, and he starts this off by becoming a victim after witnessing a horrible killing. He is seriously injured, and after a hospital stay he begins to experience a connection to the electronic world of communications, web and phone communications and textx inside his physical brain. He can access conversations, send and receive textx, access bank accounts, etc. Nobody knows, and his love for his girlfriend Lucy drives him to take on a notorious gang and rescue her after they begin to suspect Tom's special gifts.

This one is worth watching. I give it 4 stars.

download.jpg

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Wow, what a cool movie! This is a British movie Netflix Original, and the effects are low budget, but the story is great! Here is a trailer:

The story is very engaging, and this thing takes turns and twists but stays FIRMLY in the storyline. At times it makes you laugh, other times, you gasp, but the whole thing comes together as a thoroughly enjoyable movie night movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3171832/fullcredits/

Tom is our protagonist, and he starts this off by becoming a victim after witnessing a horrible killing. He is seriously injured, and after a hospital stay he begins to experience a connection to the electronic world of communications, web and phone communications and textx inside his physical brain. He can access conversations, send and receive textx, access bank accounts, etc. Nobody knows, and his love for his girlfriend Lucy drives him to take on a notorious gang and rescue her after they begin to suspect Tom's special gifts.

This one is worth watching. I give it 4 stars.

View attachment 33294
Td0klbc.gif

I don't find the story all that engaging. Looks like the typical action wannabie, cop story, with a light coat(and I use this term very loosely) so called 'scifi'.
meh... My avatar will give the best reaction to it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Td0klbc.gif

I don't find the story all that engaging. Looks like the typical action wannabie, cop story, with a light coat(and I use this term very loosely) so called 'scifi'.
meh... My avatar will give the best reaction to it.

Not a cop story at all. :) I assumed it would have a lot of iPhone placement and a bunch of silly teenage angst in it but it doesn't. It is aligned more along storylines like Christine, and other paranormal revenge stories. This nerd becomes a sort of i-Vigilante, but his girl is at the center of his motivations. It is done very well. :)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Not a cop story at all. :) I assumed it would have a lot of iPhone placement and a bunch of silly teenage angst in it but it doesn't. It is aligned more along storylines like Christine, and other paranormal revenge stories. This nerd becomes a sort of i-Vigilante, but his girl is at the center of his motivations. It is done very well. :)
No it isn't but there are better movies out there with the same theme as this one. Like Taken is better if you are after a thriller/action/revenge type of movies. It's better acted as well.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No it isn't but there are better movies out there with the same theme as this one. Like Taken is better if you are after a thriller/action/revenge type of movies. It's better acted as well.

I liked both Taken movies, but they are too high energy and the people in it are too rich and the locales too spread out. I am liking the more down to earth stuff like Humans for scifi and this one (also scifi by definition). I wanted regular, normal looking people and not cover models and jocks.