How long has Gateworld been offline?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I decided to do a flyby over at Gateworld and it is completely offline. Anybody know what's going on and how long they have been offline?

Annoyed

Surly Old Curmudgeon
I decided to do a flyby over at Gateworld and it is completely offline. Anybody know what's going on and how long they have been offline?
Was up last night, and there have been no notifications I'm aware of of a pending maint. period or shutdown.
My guess is something went boom.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
One could make an argument that GateWorld has been "intellectually offline" since the start of the series SGU. :ronnon_whistling:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Wow . there huge sgu fans there huh :beckett_new050::beckett_new050::beckett_new050:. One guy hoping Dark Matter is a follow up to sgu ,,,:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

My first and last visit ...

:anim_35::anim_35::anim_35:

Annoyed

Surly Old Curmudgeon
Being a refugee from SciFi's boards, I've been using several since they closed. This one, Gateworld and another one that was started a few years back in response to the biased moderation policies on SciFi. ( http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com/forum )
The character of each forum is decidedly different, at least from the perspective of someone who never got into the Stargate franchise in a big way. (The only SG piece I've seen is the original movie, and SGU. (which I did like, btw)

The other board I linked above is not SG related, either.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Being a refugee from SciFi's boards, I've been using several since they closed. This one, Gateworld and another one that was started a few years back in response to the biased moderation policies on SciFi. ( http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com/forum )
The character of each forum is decidedly different, at least from the perspective of someone who never got into the Stargate franchise in a big way. (The only SG piece I've seen is the original movie, and SGU. (which I did like, btw)

Fair enough . I am most definitely not a fan . Just thought it was strange to match Dark Matters to a continuation of sgu . That is way out there don't you think ? I don't see how they could be connected in any shape or form . What I know of Dark Matter is it is a space craft with memory loss individuals coming out of a long stasis sleep . Not sure that it interests me other than there are familiar faces involved in it .

thanks for the link

:) :) :)

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Fair enough . I am most definitely not a fan . Just thought it was strange to match Dark Matters to a continuation of sgu . That is way out there don't you think ? I don't see how they could be connected in any shape or form . What I know of Dark Matter is it is a space craft with memory loss individuals coming out of a long stasis sleep . Not sure that it interests me other than there are familiar faces involved in it .

thanks for the link

:) :) :)

From what Loretta Mallozzi said, I think that Dark Matter was/is/will be as much a continuation of the SGU storyline as anything else. Will there be an overweight fellow who chowed down on his fellow crewmembers while they were in stasis?

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan

The Fifteen Minutes of SGU hate will begin on 19 Feb 2015 at 1215 hours, EST.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Less time than this one was today.
oops................. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Less time than this one was today.
oops................. :P

At least this one was redirected by Go Daddy. When Gateworld was offline, it was GONE. :)