Horizon: Zero Dawn

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
This is without a doubt one of the best video games I've ever played in my life, and I've been gaming for about 37 years. It's not like it's a brand new game. In fact, it was launched several years ago (2017 off the top of my head), but it is still truly amazing. A sequal named Horizon Forbidden West should be launched at some point later this year and marketing for that one kicked into full gear about a month ago or so. The game was developed for PlayStation 4, but since last year it has been available to PC players as well. On PlayStation it can be obtained fairly cheaply as it's one of the games Sony uses to promote their platform. On PC though, it's been quite costly so far. I just found out however that it's currently on a 40% discount from GOG which makes the price around 30 euro, which is still pretty much the most I've ever paid for a game in my life, but honestly, I think it would be worth the money, if you're looking for something to take you along and occupy you for perhaps a few weeks.

So, what is the game about? Well, it's very hard to describe it without giving too much away. It is basically an open world game, albeit with boundaries of course, so you can pretty much go where you please when you see fit. That said, there is a very intricate story woven into the game. Also, although you can go where you want, you'll probably want to take it easy a bit, so as not to bite off more than you can chew. The game applies a well-balanced learning curve though. I don't want to say anything about the story, but I will say that you will encounter machines of varying types, of course, of varying degrees of difficulty as well. There are lots of collectibles and side quests in the game, which will help you to gradually become more powerful, and thus help you to advance to new areas with new types of adversaries.

If you have a PlayStation 4 or 5, this game is a must. You would do yourself a disservice not giving it a try, even if you're normally not into the type of game that involves some form of combat and wandering around. You will be amazed by its depth. This game is an adventure from start to finish.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So it's kinda like a RPG?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Only 12 days to go now until the launch of Horizon: Forbidden West. I'm so excited! Been looking forward to this for a long time. I even pre-ordered the game, which I've only ever done with one other game (Subnautica Below Zero) before, and I've paid no less than 80 hard-earned British Pounds for it. But, I know it's going to be worth it.

Anyone here ever gave Horizon: Zero Dawn a try, either on PlayStation or PC?