Hi There!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not where it was located - they don't use ultrasonics in some locations.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Not where it was located - they don't use ultrasonics in some locations.

Wait...you passed a 5mm stone? You must be...um...VERY well endowed? Perhaps your urethra is larger. Mine hurt like the dickens (pun intended). :shame:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm just glad I passed the thing!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm just glad I passed the thing!

But you didnt even feel it? 5mm? I was in tears with only that 3mm in the picture. You were lucky you did not feel what I felt.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sounds like an 80's band. ;)

:) They put the ultrasound pad over the stone and pulverize it with the waves (when they can). Mine was already in the mouth of the ureter so they could not do it. But they can do it if it is still in the kidneys or in the bladder. The powder passes without pain.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
:) They put the ultrasound pad over the stone and pulverize it with the waves (when they can). Mine was already in the mouth of the ureter so they could not do it. But they can do it if it is still in the kidneys or in the bladder. The powder passes without pain.

The closest thing I've experienced is a catheter during surgery. I didn't know they were going to do it and, thankfully, they did it while I was asleep. When I woke up though I was like "I gotta piss!" and the nurse said "Oh, no, that's just the catheter. Here, let me remove it" -- YANK! I was awake enough at that point to feel it and I was sore for 2 weeks after that. Not fun. :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Mine was already in the Kidney to Bladder pathway so no ultrasound. It wasn't perfectly round so that is likely how I actually passed the thing - surgery was scheduled but got cancelled when we confirmed by CT scan it was gone.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They were going to in up a certain channel and use a laser to break it up as shown here:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Mine was already in the Kidney to Bladder pathway so no ultrasound. It wasn't perfectly round so that is likely how I actually passed the thing - surgery was scheduled but got cancelled when we confirmed by CT scan it was gone.

The ureter. Mine was at the kidney end opening of the ureter, starting it's descent so no ultrasound either. :)

anatomy_UretersBladder_coronal.jpg