HBO's "Watchmen" series to be ruined by Damon Lindelof

I'm not a Watchmen freak or anything but this sounds sketchy to me. Lindelof is creating a series for HBO that is adapted from the source material per his own vision. He claims it's not a reboot but a "remix", whatever that means.

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2018/5/22/17381476/hbo-watchmen-series-damon-lindelof

GalleryChar_1900x900_watchmen_52ab8b7e8ff2a4.25965674.0.0.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Oh boy.....

Damon Lindelof is like the mirror image King Midas - everything he touches turns to lead.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It will be a debacle.

When you think of Damon Lindelof, some of the worst writing jobs to ever hit the big screen come to mind. Like Prometheus, Tomorrowland and Star Trek Into Darkness. His trademark is incoherent narrative with multiple unexplained plot elements and a story that makes no logical sense.

Lindelof sounds like an arrogant twit in that cutesy cutesy "letter" he wrote to the fans. The following quote shows him to either be a massive troll or ridiculously self-involved and conceited. He actually likens his work to that of the Bible. What a douche. :rolleye0014: :icon_lol:

“We have no desire to ‘adapt’ the twelve issues Mr. Moore and Mr. Gibbons created thirty years ago,” Lindelof wrote, an approach he’s mentioned before. “Those issues are sacred ground and they will not be retread nor recreated nor reproduced nor rebooted. They will, however, be remixed. Because the bass lines in those familiar tracks are just too good and we’d be fools not to sample them. Those original twelve issues are our Old Testament. When the New Testament came along, it did not erase what came before it.”

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Lindelof sounds like an arrogant twit in that cutesy cutesy "letter" he wrote to the fans. The following quote shows him to either be a massive troll or ridiculously self-involved and conceited. He actually likens his work to that of the Bible. What a douche. :rolleye0014: :icon_lol:

Dr Manhattan is naked. The previous version was, and a new one wearing skivvies does not even make sense. How do those tighty briefs de-materialize then re-materialize? What is the big deal with showing a man's junk on the screen?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It will be a debacle.

When you think of Damon Lindelof, some of the worst writing jobs to ever hit the big screen come to mind. Like Prometheus, Tomorrowland and Star Trek Into Darkness. His trademark is incoherent narrative with multiple unexplained plot elements and a story that makes no logical sense.

It is going to be a disaster, and I think more people know that than don't.

It is going to be a disaster, and I think more people know that than don't.

Yeah but it's going to be on HBO which means it will most likely get more than one season. I don't think it will be a trainwreck as much as it will be a slow 'WTF is going on?' kind of thing. Then again, Lindelof could go full Prometheus and give us a show that is both unintelligible and absurd.