Happy - Pharrell Williams. FEEL GOOD!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I heard this for the first time today, and evidently it has been out for quite a while. Oh man, I was dancing in my car (very discreetly) when my radio accidentally kicked in and this was on. It just got down to my bones and made me smile. :)

Now, if only other young male artists would emulate this very classy young artist, the perception of them might change significantly. Clean, classy, talented and HAPPY!

Last edited:

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
I heard this for the first time today, and evidently it has been out for quite a while. Oh man, I was dancing in my car (very discreetly) when my radio accidentally kicked in and this was on. It just got down to my bones and made me smile. :)

Now, if only other young male artists would emulate this very classy young artist, the perception of them might change significantly. Clean, classy, talented and HAPPY!

Wikipedia says that he is 40 years old, so I would not call him young.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It is evidently a worldwide phenomena, and this tune is done by people all over the world. I was dancing in the shower to it this morning. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He's 40? Well I dont look my age either. :)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan

Apparently you have picked-up the "Happy" Disease.

From several months back, this might be the cure.

I can't believe there are 24 versions of this, as we as all of the fan pic ones.​

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I dont want to be cured. :) I cant help moving when I hear it. It makes me grin ear to ear and move whatever limbs, are not in use at the moment. Happy indeed!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
It has that effect on a lot of people, OM1.

And as for his appearance, it's been suggested that the man is, in fact, a vampire, as he never seems to age (much like Dick Clark, before his stroke all those years ago).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The last song that, did that to me was "Heya". Happy reminds me of it kinda. But it is just way more polished and complete. The words, the chorus, now Im actually singing along too. :facepalm:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
My free conversion site of choice is www.convertfiles.com when I want to save something from YouTube. It's not always able to convert video files, but I was able to save the audio from it (this particular video). :)

Now I'm toe-tapping <grin>

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My free conversion site of choice is www.convertfiles.com when I want to save something from YouTube. It's not always able to convert video files, but I was able to save the audio from it (this particular video). :)

Now I'm toe-tapping <grin>

HINT: FreeYoutbeDownloader: http://download.cnet.com/Free-YouTube-Download/3000-2071_4-10875415.html

With it, you can download any video, and you can also only download audio (in MP3 and other formats). I put them in my Dropbox/Owncloud, and then play them from my phone. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
It is evidently a worldwide phenomena, and this tune is done by people all over the world. I was dancing in the shower to it this morning. :)

Careful in the shower my friend ,,,don't get all too happy and slip and fall or cast a shadow that looks like a sword ,,,oh never mind ,,,it's your shower ,,,cast all the sword shadows you want :) :) :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Careful in the shower my friend ,,,don't get all too happy and slip and fall or cast a shadow that looks like a sword ,,,oh never mind ,,,it's your shower ,,,cast all the sword shadows you want :) :) :)

Not too worried about the shadows, but that drain is deep! :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I saw that. I have watched like 15 different versions of this song, done by choirs (adult and children as well), and done by music classrooms in junior high schools across the midwest.

I HOPE THIS TYPE OF MUSIC IS A TREND

I am so damned sick of this:

download (2).jpg

download (3).jpg

download (4).jpg

Jay-Z.jpg

I refuse to listen to any of it. I also count all other artists "borrowing" from rappers (Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus, Pitbull, etc). Hate the style, the sound (sounds like barking to me), and the entire layer of "culture" that is devoted to it.

In 2004, Pharrell Williams played around with this look:

top-american-rap-artist-and-producer-pharrell-williams-august-2004.jpg

But everything else I have read classifies him as a "hipster". He dresses like this:

pharrell-williams-158194_w1000.jpg

Not thrilled about the tats (OMG, please will that fad fade already?), but they arent prison tats. This man has some class. I sent the song to a friend of mine and she sent me this:

I like it. :)

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
My daughter wanted a tat and my wife and I said sure ,,,,after you move out and don't come back :) :) :)