Halo: Reach

Stargate Relyks

GateFans Noob
anyone looking forward to it?

Spacejunkminer

GateFans Noob
I'm here for Halo anonymous. I am a 25 year old who is addicted to Halo 3 and will be addicted to Reach when it comes out. If you want to actually have a life then don't play this game, period.

Spacejunkminer

GateFans Noob
I started with halo and was instantly hooked. It was hugely successful and Bungie has been riding that wave ever since. Now that they aren't part of Microsoft anymore it will be interesting where Microsoft takes the franchise and what Bungie will do next. They may have influenced most games but I recently played dead space and it was pretty good (scary as hell though). First person shooters are supposed to be filled with action and mayhem. I thought that was exactly what they provided with the halo franchise.

Although I am hearing through some of the reviews about Reach that the storyline isn't up to par like Halo 1.

JohnSN7

GateFans Noob
I'm looking forward to it

I'm really looking forward to Halo: Reach. Of all the Halo games this one looks like it has the best story. You actually play as part of a squad of actual characters with their own personalities. Plus the Battle for the planet Reach is this epic battle in the Halo universe, so it'll be interesting to see it actually happen. I am the weird guy who likes to play single palyer, or at the very least, story-based games. As for Halo: Reach's multiplayer, there will be much grinding to come...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have never played Halo.

I have never played it, but its never too late! I also like the stories behind the games, and if Halo has a good one them I there. I love the whole Starcraft thing with Raynor and the mythology of the Protoss and Zerg and Terran civilizations of that universe. For me, first person shooters have to tell me why Im shooting the opponents!

I see it must be worth a try

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
Halo is one big ripoff that only makes FPS avaiable to non gamers, something that half-life did but Halo made it step further in idiocy, made completelly non threatening and lame enemies(I mean look at how cute they are blarghshshah), taking credit for something they didn't invent at all and stuff. Don't ever dare to call Halo innovative or I will (non literally) rip your throat off and prove it with pointing you to older game that invented it or did it better than Halo.
Halo is the most overrated game of all time and just a big cash campaign. Halo is like SGU in my eyes, except that at television it is different than the gaming and lots of people fall for the hook here.
Someone called Halo as hollywoodazition of shooters, to me that was Half-Life who did the holywoodization thing, Halo is just plain stupid.

It is bad that Halo has influenced other games, it is when it all went down the drain.

Play Metroid Prime instead of Halo, that is the more modern game that got it right compared to Halo. I have not played, but I have seen it. The sequels are little more dumb, but still.

In the halo reach trailer they were blabbling about how the first Halo was innovative and began you stepping into this open world and taking credit for something that Unreal even did before....BULLSHIT. Seriously the Halo developers need a smack in their head.

Sorry for my ranting, I just had it with that stuff and I had a lot of BS from Halo fans in past for posting my opinion which wasn't as radical as what I posted now, but my point still remains.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Hehehe, I hear ya Bro.. But do pray tell, which came out first, Unreal or Wolfenstein / Doom? I'd say all games that came after are all ripoffs of Wolfenstein-3d. Technolgy application makes modern games better, but can;t forget the look and feel of the games I played in the early 90's.

HA, I used to play Wolfenstein when it was a "flat screen" game on my old Apple 2C.

Spacejunkminer

GateFans Noob
Hey Deco did you see the legendary ending? That might be a reason why you hated the ending if you didn't see the easter egg for beating the game on legendary.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
Hehehe, I hear ya Bro.. But do pray tell, which came out first, Unreal or Wolfenstein / Doom? I'd say all games that came after are all ripoffs of Wolfenstein-3d. Technolgy application makes modern games better, but can;t forget the look and feel of the games I played in the early 90's.
Well the point is, Unreal didn't hide its inspirations (in fact it's full of obvious references) and compared to Halo, Halo is really tiny and not fun, just copypaste corridors everywhere, slow pace, little "cuddly" aliens that look laughable and unthreatening and speaking english, c'mon what is that crap. Besides all of Halo's story is ripped off from certain books on top of that and they couldn't decide what to use as game genre, it went from RTS (which was good idea btw) to TPS and then FPS. You know the hype from microsoft played a big part on Halo's sucess. Hell, Daikatana is a masterpiece compared to Halo tbh and yes Daikatana got loads of BS on its "head", because of the medialized developement, big fuss and other stuff, everyone wanted Daikatana to fail, because it was too controversial to handle for them, it is far from being perfect game, but it is decent at its core, despite that the game code became mess and full of bugs, I played the developement versions of Daikatana, not all of them, but I played for example 98 alpha and 99 beta and 98 alpha was stable and enemies were more intelligent than final version, while 99 one was too unstable, because it was at point where original team left so they had to search also for new coders, who were noob enough to make from a stable game a bug ridden mess.

The technology is stagnating nowadays, it is all about having more polygons, but there is not any radical difference after all.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
lol check this out:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=193644

Like one of the posts quoted this:

Halo , also known as Gaylo and Failo, is an overrated, overhyped FPS game with outdated controls, terrible graphics, and a convoluted storyline that was once considered "good" only because most gamers have never opened a book. The online multiplayer is scientifically designed to get on your nerves. The storyline also ripped off some ****ty 1970's book called 'Ringworld', that nobody cared about, and also ripped off vehicles, designs, and Sgt. Apone (Johnson) from Aliens, which everyone did care about. The game was credited for saving Microsoft's Xbox from going straight down the drain because at the time, it was the only reason anyone would have wanted one. The official website for gay banana split Halo fans is Bungie.net, a gay banana website.

It was quoted from Encyclopedia Dramatica, which I hate though, but they are right in that one actually.