Halo: Forward Unto Dawn.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Episode 2 on my super smart tv. :D

I gotta say, Dopud makes a really good Master Chief.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Not bad. Not as good quality as B&C but I really enjoyed it!

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
I was actually pleasantly surprised with this web series to be honest. The practical effects were nice (this from the equipment the marines, ODST, Spartans had) so representation of the Halo universe was kept well even though myself am not a follower of it. In terms of comparison to B&C. The gear the cadets and others had was I felt more authentic and helped in the establishment of the world/universe they are in (looking that part so to speak) whereas B&C just simply uses real world stuff borrowed from the local army and navy store. Terms of use of CGI, yes B&C is going to win here because the amount of CGI in FuD is actually quite limited. My only problem is that because the series is so short, the amount of slow motion did get annoying especially during the 4th or 5th part, however it wasn't a breaker for me.

It is a good step forward in saying that the transfer of media (computer games to live action) can be done in a competent, non lore breaking while telling an individual story at the same time. And Mike Dopud isn't Master chief, nor is he listed as the voice actor, Daniel Cudmore is (there could be a voice actor maybe even the original game VO for Master chief was used I don't know since it isn't listed in IMDB).
For those who haven't seen this I'll post this up. It was done a few years back as promotion for Halo 3, Neill Blomkamp directed this as he was at the time suggested for the director role for the Halo movie (obviously it collapsed due a number of reasons)

Enjoy a blast from the past!

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
I was actually pleasantly surprised with this web series to be honest. The practical effects were nice (this from the equipment the marines, ODST, Spartans had) so representation of the Halo universe was kept well even though myself am not a follower of it. In terms of comparison to B&C. The gear the cadets and others had was I felt more authentic and helped in the establishment of the world/universe they are in (looking that part so to speak) whereas B&C just simply uses real world stuff borrowed from the local army and navy store. Terms of use of CGI, yes B&C is going to win here because the amount of CGI in FuD is actually quite limited. My only problem is that because the series is so short, the amount of slow motion did get annoying especially during the 4th or 5th part, however it wasn't a breaker for me.

It is a good step forward in saying that the transfer of media (computer games to live action) can be done in a competent, non lore breaking while telling an individual story at the same time. And Mike Dopud isn't Master chief, nor is he listed as the voice actor, Daniel Cudmore is (there could be a voice actor maybe even the original game VO for Master chief was used I don't know since it isn't listed in IMDB).
For those who haven't seen this I'll post this up. It was done a few years back as promotion for Halo 3, Neill Blomkamp directed this as he was at the time suggested for the director role for the Halo movie (obviously it collapsed due a number of reasons)

Enjoy a blast from the past!

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
I wasn't sure whether there was a standalone voice actor or not, so I guess I was right in that Daniel Cudmore is the Chief in body but also voice. That making of vid doesn't mention any additional voice actors in the making of. :star:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so now parts 3,4 and 5 are "private"

way to get ppl to watch your content--i sense a dvd coming-$$$$$$$

OMNI

intresting.. and actually a dvd has been out for a while as it was included with the halo 4 game..

OMNI

what other reason could it be for removing it?
no idea.. i guess it makes sence that they would if they ahd a real DVD going.. or it may just be a youtube issue as they updated the site about a day ago and f**ked up ALOT of stuff as youtube normally does when they force new updates on people no matter how much you complain.