HA! Funny how stuff "comes out in the wash" later. ANATOMY OF THE SHILLS

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I used to Google and find ridiculous reviews of Stargate Universe when it was doing its very worst. A lot of the time, the website CinemaSpy came up. :) Well, it turns out that CinemaSpy is actually based very close to Bridge Studios and has been there for 17 years. It would be safe to assume that Stargate shows in production (as well as other shows filmed at The Bridge) would have been a huge boost. I notice something has been added to the bottom of the laughable review here:

http://www.cinemaspy.com/Reviews/St...s-Action-and-Humor-in-Season-25-Premiere/5059

EXCERPT:

'Deliverance' picks up right where that cliffhanger left off. If anything, it is even more action-packed than 'Resurgence.' There's more humor than we've got used to in the last few episodes, too. Indeed, so prevalent are these two elements that I couldn't help feeling that 'Deliverance' wasn't too far in tone from similar episodes of SG-1 or Atlantis. There is nothing surprising in the way things are resolved. Moreover, as in 'Space,' there are many of the clichés that come with space battles (shields are failing, engines are failing, the plumbing is failing – okay, the last of these was a problem on Destiny already). Yet, it is a mark of the show's growth that the characters keep the episode from being mundane.
Added beneath that was this:

Stargate Universe fans who want to contribute to fan campaigns to keep the show on the air can find out what is being done by tweeting #SGU or checking out the websites of groups such as SG:Unite. Stargate has been filmed at Bridge Studios in Vancouver, the home-base of CinemaSpy, for over 17 years. We'd like it to stay there.
:icon_e_wink:

But wait...today, I found this:

http://www.cinemaspy.com/Television...on-Kill-for-Fringe-and-Stargate-Universe/5062

EXCERPT:

First off, numbers for Monday's premiere of Stargate Universe episode 'Twin Destinies' on Syfy showed that the series has not benefited from the hard work of fans campaigning to get people watching. According to Gateworld, approximately 928,000 viewers are estimated to have watched the show in the US based on Live + Same Day ratings. That, the site says, is down 10 percent from the previous week.
Then this at the bottom of that article:

Both SGU and Fringe are filmed in the home city of CinemaSpy, Vancouver, British Columbia. Unlike the fate of Stargate Universe, the future of Fringeis unknown. Syfy dropped the latest Stargatespin-off before Christmas because it's numbers weren't to the execs liking. MGM may be considering options for continuing or properly closing out the show. Until there is an announcement of such, however, it must be assumed that the show will leave viewers hanging with its second season finale. We can only hope that FOX is satisfied with the state of Fringebecause it would be a sad day for Vancouver and for sci-fi, if it also got shot down this season.
So, there ARE connections. I know from personal experience that sometimes all you need to do is be able to "go behind the counter" at a studio to get information you need. Industry people are very talkative and will spill everything they know if they have enough caffiene or alcohol in them :). My guess is that they have a ready made source of media exclusives they can draw from as long as Bridge continues to have productions filmed there.

So, the motivations of at least ONE shill media site are clear to me now. :biggrin:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The comment about viewers being left hanging is amusing, as it already appears that those who make the show are moving on to new things.

Also, more than likely, the actors' contracts are no longer in force, as we've passed the four month mark since cancellation.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I love how you manage to dig this stuff up!

OM1, again good job! I love how you simply connect the dots and rip the curtain down for all to see what's really going on behind the scenes.