Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 is coming!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction Movies' started by Joelist, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Joelist

Joelist I'm showing this for a reason! Staff Member

If they keep the same mood and feel that the first film had this could be good.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

That should be very easy to do. :) This series has a freeform sort of vibe to it. They can go anywhere with the story as long as the characters stay intact. :) Looking forward to this one!

3. Joelist

Joelist I'm showing this for a reason! Staff Member

Part of me is optimistic because I like James Gunn's work to date, and because he crafted these characters so well. But I also know that historically in movies origin stories seem too be the easiest to do good on - it is the follow up where the temptation comes in to get "too big and epic". I hope they resist.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Lord Ba'al

Lord Ba'al GateFans Member

Guardians of the Galaxy has sort of become my favourite movie, so I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel. At the same time I'm not keeping my hopes up though because otherwise the movie will never live up to my expectations and I would be devastated. As long as they include a kickass soundtrack like in the first one and they don't go overboard with the story and keep the characters as they were, I'm sure it'll become another favourite of mine.

• Agree Agree x 1