Green Power facilities not so green and not so efficient.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This one can go into the open forums. Want me to put it there? This is a great find. I have seen this facility on the way to Las Vegas, and it can be seen off I-15. It is HUGE, and you can see the mirrors from the freeway. There is also a huge wind farm just outside of Palm Springs. I am not surprised it is inefficient. I am very surprised that they "preheat" the water in the towers though. What is the purpose of that? If the thing needs preheated water to kick off in the morning, it can't really be all that efficient.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is the facility, and there is a picture of how it looks from the I-15 Fwy

IVANPAH_SOLAR_POWER_PLANT_002.jpg

ivanpah.jpg

DSC_0394.JPG

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Oh hey, I used that place as a power station for a space based laser in Fallout: New Vegas :lol:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Those windmills are useless also . There planting them all over the place up here and there huge and when you stand underneith them , you can feel the ground shaking . People complain about being sick when living near them because of a sub harmonic rumble .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
At the San Gorgonio windpower facility outside of Palm Springs, you can see more than a few broken down windmills. The thing costs a fortune to maintain, which of course, was the intention.

wind-turbines-palm-springs-california-22391194.jpg
p355180437-3.jpg