Google Tracks Android

Discussion in 'Google Stuff' started by Tripler, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Tripler

Tripler Well Known GateFan

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

You do have to have a sim card. :) Without a sim card, there is no account attached to the device and as such it means that tracking the device is not going to be connected to any individual person. Why track the device unless you are tracking somebody's movements? You cannot attach the device to a person without a carrier account.

3. Tripler

Not according to the interview I just heard on CBC . With no sim card in the phone , google can locate it within 100 square feet with locations off and the phone off . I will try to find the podcast ... This will only occur with an Android phone .
    ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tripler

5. Tripler

6. Overmind One

Overmind One GateFans Gatemaster Staff Member

I agree with the tracking and I do know about it. What I am saying is that without the SIM card, then no name is attached to the device and all you are tracking is a piece of hardware, whose movements do not tell you anything about the individual moving the hardware around. So, it can tell you that an Android with UMEI number XXXXXXXXXXX went from point A to point B and the data is meaningless if you want to track a person because nobody knows who has the phone unless there is a registered SIM card. Google is not interested in tracking hardware, it wants to track people. I suppose they could assume who owns it by seeing if it is tracked to a home or carried in a personal vehicle.

BTW, this (tracking) can be done in certain vehicles too, even when the vehicle is not running and is parked.

7. heisenberg

heisenberg Earl Grey Staff Member

You are being tracked regardless of what google claims. Your searches are saved and so are the websites you click on when you use their services. Hell, they even say this in their TOS. Nothing on the internet is deleted. It is just soft deleted meaning that it away from the public eye. That so called 'control' is bullshit and it's just giving you the illusion that you have control. Just remember one thing, don't be an asshole or a malicious/evil fuck on the internet. Google will use their powers to hunt anyone being a parasite.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017 at 12:09 AM
    • Agree Agree x 1